Register

Thread Closed 
Charging Fan over run.
06-26-2012, 12:21 PM (This post was last modified: 06-30-2012 01:30 AM by osbrook.)
Charging Fan over run.
I have only charged mine once and noted that after charging finished the Fan kept running until I disconnected the mains lead. Does anybody else's do this?

It consumes 20W with the Fan running after charging is complete. Which is not good.

[u]Update[/u

Having had more time to test. It does turn off the cooling fan, Takes a lot longer than expected. I had assumed 30mins would be plenty as it all felt cool,. I left it several hours after charging finished and when checking the fan had stopped.

Chris
Find all posts by this user
06-27-2012, 10:51 PM
RE: Charging Fan over run.
Hi Chris,

Mine does the same it does go off after a bit its part of the cooling down process, i did get a message from Renault i will see if i can dig it out and next time i charge i will see if i can time it to see how long it takes to switch off

Regards,
Sam
06-28-2012, 07:37 AM
(06-27-2012 10:51 PM)anders Wrote:  Hi Chris,

Mine does the same it does go off after a bit its part of the cooling down process, i did get a message from Renault i will see if i can dig it out and next time i charge i will see if i can time it to see how long it takes to switch off

Regards,
Sam

Thanks Sam. That will help. I felt mine and it had cooled right off yet the Fan was still running. I know if you kill the main supply while it is hot the fan comes on using the battery. But had expected the fan to stop when cold.

Chris
07-18-2012, 08:22 AM
The fan cut off is very hit and miss. Some times it stops some times it is still going 8 hours latter.

Very annoying, means I have to keep checking, and waiting for a while after the 100% charge.

I hope the September update fixes this.

Chris
07-19-2013, 09:52 AM (This post was last modified: 07-19-2013 09:54 AM by Buzby.)
Chris, Did you get the update - and was this a dealer firmware refresh?

On my bike, there used to be a 1hr overrun on the plenum fans - the duration relating to the temp inside the battery compartment. After a firmware flash (supposedly faster running of the bike) I noticed that the fans ran permanently when 240v was applied!

I wish I hadn't bothered!

My solution is now to charge from an off-peak circuit, which is only live between 00:00 and 08:30.
07-19-2013, 10:15 AM
(07-19-2013 09:52 AM)Buzby Wrote:  Chris, Did you get the update - and was this a dealer firmware refresh?

On my bike, there used to be a 1hr overrun on the plenum fans - the duration relating to the temp inside the battery compartment. After a firmware flash (supposedly faster running of the bike) I noticed that the fans ran permanently when 240v was applied!

I wish I hadn't bothered!

My solution is now to charge from an off-peak circuit, which is only live between 00:00 and 08:30.

No there wasn't an update and I tend to turn it off after an hour of over run. However two may be three times it has turned itself off. But cannot be relied on.

Chris
http://www.Twizyowners.com
Thread Closed