Register

END OF BATTERY LEASE
06-25-2016, 07:32 AM
RE: END OF BATTERY LEASE
Busby, last time I looked on Autotrader my car was there,, £3750 if memory serves me right - so he's not going to make a fortune out of it.

Can't check AT today, seems to have been hacked! Just as well as my mind keeps telling me I want a Mazda RX8 - now that COULD be foolish.....
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-20-2017, 09:27 AM
Time, as they say throws up a number of curve balls as the time to handing my battery back has dawned. Special mention must be made to RCI, without whom, just about anything is possible. They've been unhelpful, unresponsive and downright misleading in their dealings with me, whilst Renault U.K.- up until now, superbly efficient and fair in their dealings with me over the three years I have had dealings with them, but when it came to RCI, they just didn't want to know or help get the issue resolved.

My plans to wait for the Tesla Model 3 which was supposed to be under a year took a knock when it was revealed UK LHD models are not anticipated to ship before 2019 at the earliest, along with their 5% price increase and ending of free Supercharger access. I needed an EV and I can't wait for some unspecified date in the future. The vehicle I opted for was the BMW i3 BEV, but all this seemed to fall apart as one dealership said they would not accept the Fluence as a part exchange.

Add to this the laughable offer of £800 for RCI's re-purchase agent near Grimsby (the value had fallen from £2,000 last September, plus they wanted £200 in transportation costs) meantI would rather give RCI their battery, and push the rest of it over a cliff (for the insurance money). A luck would have it, a different BMW dealership was prepared to take the Fluence at £1,750, as part of a Part Exchange deal. After negotiations, I got this raised to £2,000 if I handed the car over with 12 months MoT. On that basis the deal was done, and this weekend I'll be stripping out my extra gadgets and giving it a valet in readiness for the trade. I hope the new owner takes care of it as it has been ultra reliable and comfort on wheels.

What I will miss, is putting RCI deservedly through the wringer, but not before I raise a formal complaint with the Financial Ombudsman over RCI's threats to renew the battery hire contract without permission of the vehicle owner. This needs to be stamped out. Hopefully forum members will see an improvement in the months to come - but I wouldn't hold your breath - Zoe owners are in a similar boat, and their leases are expiring this year.

As I'll not be a Renault Z.E. owner, I'm moving on and will cease to be a Mod here. You'll find me on the Speak EV forums, in the BMW section - I hope you get many happy miles of motoring from your Fluence, Zoe, Kangoo and Twizy's. It's a shame RCI had to spoil an otherwise happy arrangement.
01-20-2017, 11:10 AM
Thank you for sharing your experience, unfortunately not much different form our RCI branch (Portugal).
Now it´s time to move ahead; happy motoring with your new car.

PS..up to now, I´m very satisfied with my new zoe 40, (battery on ownership)
01-23-2017, 04:00 PM
One last word:
After finishing with RCI on the 19th december....I recently got an invoice for payement of the battery rental for january and february!!!!! Wait, there`s more: January I got a double bill!!! So, they want me to pay 3 months of renting for a contract long gone.... How bad can it get?
01-23-2017, 05:58 PM
Actually, I've experienced this already when Swapping from a Twizy battery lease to the Fluence. The Fluence was delivered on a transporter, and the Twizy taken away, RCI were advised a week in advance and I was assured only 1 payment would be taken. A double payment was taken for the Twizy, and the following month a doubler for the Fluence (no doubt to make up for being late in in billing the first month) it then took many weeks of letter writing and phone calls to get a refund, I almost invoked the DD 'guarantee' but they paid with days to spare - I'd almost forgotten about that until you reminded me, but it won't happen this time, once the 36th payment had been made, I'm pulling the plug at my end. Life's too short to start chasing them again..

Will I miss them? Certainly not, but I will miss the Fluence, which was truly reliable for the 3 years I owned it!