Register

Intermittent Starting on Renault Kangoo ZE
08-24-2016, 10:32 PM
Intermittent Starting on Renault Kangoo ZE
Intermittent starting fault Renault Kangoo ZE
his fault appeared almost exactly 1 month afer the expiry of the 4 year warranty in mid- June. Its normally fine on the first start of the day - after that its completely unpredictable. You do always hear the click authorising the battery power but when the fault strikes the green go light fails to appear. Either then or on subsequent restart attempts you get the orange battery warning light and the orange spanner. The vehcle becomes undrivable for a number of hours - I always leave it overnight and then the next day it is back to normal.
All the obvious things have been tried by my local Renault dealer: - switching to using the spare key, fitting a new transponder ring on the vehicle itself and finally changing the batteries in both keys - all this has made no difference.
I would welcome any advice and suggestions as to what to do next ? shepmk
I
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-25-2016, 06:55 PM
RE: Intermittent Starting on Renault Kangoo ZE
I had something similar, but not in Summer! I couldn't identify if it was due to external or internal dampness/temperature, but the warnings - including the spanner, simply disappeared as the ambient temperature increased to around 12C. This only happened when the vehicle was not in its garage, which was infrequently as I charge it there.

Your solution of leaving to the next day could well be shortened to just a few hours!
08-25-2016, 10:24 PM
Thanks Buzby, thats interesting although in my case the van is never garaged. There is no link in my case to fault occurence and outside weather - but I do frequently have a warm drink in the cup holder........perhaps I need to give up this habit !..........shepmk
08-26-2016, 10:51 AM
At least you can get a warm drink in the cup holder! On the Fluence ZE there's not enough headroom for my cappuccino to fit!