Register

Renault Fluence
01-27-2016, 08:43 PM
Renault Fluence
Hi All,

I've just bought a Fluence ZE, OK I know it's Renault's EV orphan but I love it. It's recorded as being manufactured in 2012 but still has just 1300 miles on the clock and just over 2 years warenty and was the price of very very second hand car. My daily driving is stop start round town, usualy less than 50 miles per day so it suits me perfectly. Early indications suggest 60 miles per charge with no effort and at least 80 if I try but early days. We...e...e..e..e.e.eeeee. Love it :-)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-28-2016, 10:25 PM
RE: Renault Fluence
Welcome aboard. Many of us are in the same situation, the great value for money made it a no brainer. Hopefully the threads here will keep the learning curve smooth for you!
06-14-2016, 10:14 AM
Hi there,
I went for the same back in September 2015 - happy driving since then, it does exactly what is says on the tin Smile I had my first service yesterday (13/6/16) - they quoted me 120 euro - but charged 104 euro and I also received a free carwash with it. All ok so far. I have my own home charger and I feel I made the right decision. Went fine through the winter ( west of Ireland - so not too cold) but now with the summer - so much less to charge and it gets me further. Drove about 10,000 km with it - but started with 432km on the clock - so basically still brand new. Included Battery check - all ok, so good luck and happy driving!
07-10-2016, 06:07 PM
Hello to all you fellow fluence drivers ! I have run mine for 15 months, now up to 27000 miles, 16k when I bought it. I had an intermittant starting problem last December 2015 with messages saying "electrical failure" the first time, it came back on after a day by itself so took it to Arnold Clarks for investigation but they couldn't find the problem, and it has worked for six months until a couple of week ends ago the same fault appeared and would not clear overnight so phoned up the Renault recovery for the first time, they came within an hour and took it away on a low loader.
Arnold Clarks were great and diagnosed that a motor cover and brushes needed replacing. After a week of driving my Kia Picanto I had a call to tell me that the Flu was ready for collection. (Should they have brought it back ? not quibbling)Pleased to say there was No charge as it is still under the 5 year warranty. I asked how much it would have cost but they couldnt or wouldnt say which was disappointing, as I have read that brushes or the motor have been replaced on a number of Fluences between 20 to 25K so It would be worth knowing for the future.
I can honestly say I love My Fluence ! using my ice car (owned 5 years from new) was a pain in the bum as reliable as it is I really am going to sell it this year whatever the wife says!
As this is sounding nerdy I will mention I also have solar pv at home and its generated 3200 kw per year which is 600kw more than used in the car for 10k of motoring but of course supply and demand do not follow suit! but I can highly recommend solar if you drive electric! and if anyone can fill in the costs of my repair I would be very grateful!!
Happy driving!
07-11-2016, 06:55 PM
Yes, it's a beut and no mistake. The only downer is you can't use Rapid Chargepoints but you knew that. Which AC branch did you use? I have to play 'hunt the mechanic' to see which branch to go into as they/he keeps moving. As to the price estimations, NO prices exist on the Renault system for servicing or repairs - it has never been loaded. And each service is a different amount, they usually see what it costs for the Zoe

... And charge that!
07-11-2016, 07:14 PM (This post was last modified: 07-11-2016 07:19 PM by jcfall.)
(07-11-2016 06:55 PM)Buzby Wrote:  Yes, it's a beut and no mistake. The only downer is you can't use Rapid Chargepoints but you knew that. Which AC branch did you use? I have to play 'hunt the mechanic' to see which branch to go into as they/he keeps moving. As to the price estimations, NO prices exist on the Renault system for servicing or repairs - it has never been loaded. And each service is a different amount, they usually see what it costs for the Zoe

... And charge that!

I used Arnold Clarks at Huddersfield As it is convenient for me due to me working in huddersfield. I bought the Flu from Renault retail Manchester which is a bit too inconvenient for service repair work as I live in Bradford. AC did the 20K service which cost £56 and included fitting a new pollen filter and valet inside and out!
I have noticed the rear brake discs are looking in need of replacement (I can fit them myself) Argos are selling front and rear discs plus pads for about £223 which I thought was good value anybody had a better deal ?
(07-11-2016 07:14 PM)jcfall Wrote:  
(07-11-2016 06:55 PM)Buzby Wrote:  Yes, it's a beut and no mistake. The only downer is you can't use Rapid Chargepoints but you knew that. Which AC branch did you use? I have to play 'hunt the mechanic' to see which branch to go into as they/he keeps moving. As to the price estimations, NO prices exist on the Renault system for servicing or repairs - it has never been loaded. And each service is a different amount, they usually see what it costs for the Zoe

... And charge that!

I used Arnold Clarks at Huddersfield As it is convenient for me due to me working in huddersfield. I bought the Flu from Renault retail Manchester which is a bit too inconvenient for service repair work as I live in Bradford. AC did the 20K service which cost £56 and included fitting a new pollen filter and valet inside and out!
I have noticed the rear brake discs are looking in need of replacement (I can fit them myself) Argos are selling front and rear discs plus pads for about £223 which I thought was good value anybody had a better deal ?
Just forgot to mention AC also upgraded the software and fit a new vacuum pump For the braking system) under a recall. Has everyone had a new pump fitted yet ?
If not please ask about it asap!!
07-12-2016, 12:49 PM
The last recall (blue) that affected me was a replacement charging cable, and a replacement fixing screws for the boot flap. I have had no braking issues, but as my service is in October, no doubt I'll find out then.

I bought mine from Renault Manchester, and they took in my Twizy in p/ex. As I'm in Scotland, they sent it up in a trailer. I go to different AC branches chasing what I believe is the only trained EV mechanic in the Central Belt - but I can stand to be corrected in this.

The curious thing is, even after 2+ years behind the wheel, I still get a kick when driving it. I wonder if it will be the same when I switch to the Tesla 3?
10-09-2016, 02:02 PM
Just gat my Fluence back fitted with a new traction motor! it's running like new so silent and smooth. But if anyone with a flu still under warranty starts getting warning red light motor fault make sure you get Renault to replace the motor because the cost is well over £5000 !!!!!!!!!!!!
Happy motoring while they last!