Register

no break down cover
08-28-2016, 05:15 PM
no break down cover
My Fluence ZE broke down again on friday 26th August called the ZE services told me the car was no longer covered for breakdown as it was over 4 years old ! I explained the battery lease comes with the breakdown cover and the drive train is covered until it is 5 years old on the 19th Jan 2017.
"Nope sir your not covered." So had to get 16 miles home on my own and the car is still where it is broke down.!
The thing is they came out in June when it first broke down with the same fault and took the car to a dealer no problem it was 4 and half years old two months ago !
Phoned Renault listened to an answer phone message closed until tuesday 3oth !!

I'm only high lighting this for all you Fluence owners make sure you have independant breakdown cover because you won't get help from Renault ZE services when you might need it.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-30-2016, 01:22 PM
RE: no break down cover
I've never called out the service, and have always had alternative cover in place as any 'free' service strikes me as worthless, however your summation that the recovery was included as part of the battery lease is correct - it is explicitly stated that it is part of the lease, so if it happened to me and I had such an incident, I would invoice them for my reasonable costs and follow through with s Small Claims action if they did not pay up. I agree however, that your priority is to get the car to the dealership and deal with Renault later.
09-13-2016, 09:30 AM
I finally had Renault take action and after several calls they agreed my car should be recovered by their recovery service and a new motor is going to be installed this week under the 5 year g'tee (5 months still left).
so I will have been off the road for 4 weeks while still paying £99.34 for the battery lease.
I have also added personal cover to my green flag breakdown recovery for £20 extra per year which covers my super reliable Kia Picanto.
I see the Hyundai are bringing out he Ioniq this October so may see me saying good bye to my lovely Fluence and Renault.
The lease deal on a new Kia Soul EV is also very tempting!
09-13-2016, 01:23 PM
Good to hear they backed down - they'd have lost in court had it gone that far. The KIA is still a budget EV (when compared to the Fluence) but my exit strategy is slightly different, as I'll most likely switch to the Tesla 3 when my battery lease reaches its conclusion - although I may have to extend it by a year until the RHD models reach the UK.

Thanks for the update!
10-02-2016, 03:29 PM
Well I finally got the Fluence back with a brand new traction motor fitted thank you Arnold Clark at Huddersfield.
I belive the cost was an eye watering £5K plus repair so please if any flu drivers are having red warnings about motor failure get it sorted while still under warranty.
I had a quote last year from Warranty wise for £34.50 per month and will be asking for another quote next January when the warranty runs out.
Just hear a New Zoe is coming next year with a 41 KW battery ! now this I could be interested in! but no more buying cars for me I'm going to lease the EV for 3 years and then send it back for another new one!
I wish Renault had given me a choice of the repair or a cheque for a similar amount and lt them keep the fluence. I love the car but you have to be practicable.
10-03-2016, 09:32 AM
The new Zoe will be unveiled in Paris shortly, however I'm suspicious of Warranty firms as many items are not covered, leaving you to sort it out again your expense. In two I looked at, a drive train failure is not covered, but individual parts 'may' be. At £400pa, that's a risky investment.

I'm not a fan of 'city' cars, and the Zoe clearly is one - I just love the luxury of the Fluence, and have no intention of downsizing. Even the i3 doesn't excite me, but it won't be a surprise that the Tesla 3 and S do. I had a drive on the motorway last week in the latter, and actually enjoyed the self-driving feature, but will I pay £60k for it? Probably not!