Renault Z.E. Forums – Fluence, Kangoo, ZOE, & Twizy

Full Version: Prospective new Fluence owner
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello to the forum,

registered only today, but have been reading for like a year.

I am from germany and very into electric driving.
I couldn't withstand to buy a Peugeot Ion and love to drive it every day.
However it is a little bit minimalist, hence I also look into something more generous.

When looking into the sales situation here in germany it is not that enlighting.
Especially as I would like to have a fluence in full outfit !leather! and no stripped down version.
As far as I can see, nearly all UK fluences have the optional real leather trim.

As for usage on the continent atleast the headlight will have to be exchanged, this will rule out any Leaf, Zoe.

So if anyone is interested in a good offer on a fluence, feel free to contact me.

Regards
Marc

PS: body colours in descending order of preference are black, white, silver, blue
Have a look at Autotrader.co.uk as that's where I usually see them first. Of course, the UK ones are all Right Hand Drive, and the headlight beams will need to be swapped. There are probably more blue ones than any other colour but out of interest the top specified Dynamique usuaalu has a metallic finish, the solid colours you prefer are the non-leather budget version of which there are only 6 on the road at the end of last year (compared to 65 of the Dynamique) in the U.K.

A final point, UK sellers will want the battery lease with RCI signed over to you, and this can be a problem to arrange. Do persevere, as the car is a beauty at the price.
(01-16-2017 09:21 AM)Buzby Wrote: [ -> ]Have a look at Autotrader.co.uk as that's where I usually see them first. Of course, the UK ones are all Right Hand Drive, and the headlight beams will need to be swapped. There are probably more blue ones than any other colour but out of interest the top specified Dynamique usuaalu has a metallic finish, the solid colours you prefer are the non-leather budget version of which there are only 6 on the road at the end of last year (compared to 65 of the Dynamique) in the U.K.

A final point, UK sellers will want the battery lease with RCI signed over to you, and this can be a problem to arrange. Do persevere, as the car is a beauty at the price.

Hello Buzby,

yes the RHD is something to get used to.
Changing Headlamps is also clear, but as far as I know they are identical to the ICE versions - in contrast to the rear - and hence rather cheap to get as a replacement/repro (~220€ / pair) compared with e.g. Leaf / Zoe where you may need to buy OEM parts at insane prices.

For transporting a car from UK to Stuttgart we are talking the distance in the UK to Newcastle / Hull / Dover + ~ 600km on the continent.

Finding a car in germany or france is not that much nearer.

Is it possible to switch the display from miles to km in the setup?
Are there 1 or 2 rear fog lights / indicators (on the continent it has to be left or doubled).

Autotrader I know, and routinely the "shower" (what does that mean?) in grimsby has the lowest prices and isnear toa ferry port.
But as he is no official dealer he will not offer a guarantee which might be a problem for a car that is 1 month short of the 5 years.

Also I read the recent mails about what he offered for the cars to the seller.
So Grimsby: Higher price and less history...

Changing RCI contract might take some additional time, but based on experiences of others sourcing ZOEs in france is not really a problem and will be handled between the RCI divisions.
The reason why the Grimsby retailer is called a 'shower' is that they have a cosy deal with RCI. Most other dealers in the U.K. Will not take a financed battery, but they do - and as a result offer derisory amounts to the seller.... their current rate for a Dynamique fully loaded is £1,000. Yes, the display can be toggled from Miles to Km, details are in the manual. RCI offer non-UK purchasers a considers better battery lease terms than in the UK itself - a sore point that resulted in me having to dispose of mine.

Finally, there is only a single rear fog light, it forms part of the offside (right side) rear light cluster. A white reversing light is on the opposite side, and the colour is provided by the plastic lens.
Reference URL's