It's arrived! - Renault Z.E. Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-25-2014, 04:35 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

It's arrived!

After much waiting, the second Fluence from the Press Fleet arrived in Central Scotland today on a transporter. It was easy to tell it was a press car - it had the documentation pack advising the hacks what to do to get going - with the last paragraph suggesting if all else failed, to RTFM!

Since last May, it has incredibly only done 68 miles, and my check of the brakes revealed they were gleaming, so they must have been garaged for the duration - neither is there fading on the leathers. Most impressed (as are the neighbours).

Only downside? No Breakdown Red bag with the safety triangle etc - is it dear?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-25-2014, 07:27 PM
Banned

RE: It's arrived!

Congrats. Pics?
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-26-2014, 02:07 AM

Yes, all the best, hope it works out beautifully for you.

You can buy replacement emergency kits for little cost off ebay. If you want a 'proper' first aid kit, search for a DIN13164 kit on ebay, making sure the search covers German listings.
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-26-2014, 05:44 AM
Banned

Not convinced by the first aid kits. We legally had to carry one for taxi compliance but we weren't legally able to use it!?!? Go figure. lol

Also not entirely sure what half a dozen plasters, two bandages and a pair of scissors will offer in the case of a smash. You're better having a fully charged mobile phone.

The red triangles are useful though
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-26-2014, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrumpyCabbie
Also not entirely sure what half a dozen plasters, two bandages and a pair of scissors will offer in the case of a smash. You're better having a fully charged mobile phone.
That's why the DIN13164 standard is the one required for a first aid kit for a car. You need a number of large compression bandages and bindings to stem blood loss asap.

A small packet of bandages advertised as a 'first aid kit' (which I have seen) is clearly not what is required! You'd probably get a ticket on the continent if you were only carrying what some UK outlets try to sell you as 'a first aid kit'.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-26-2014, 08:37 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by donald
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrumpyCabbie
That's why the DIN13164 standard is the one required for a first aid kit for a car. You need a number of large compression bandages and bindings to stem blood loss asap.

A small packet of bandages advertised as a 'first aid kit' (which I have seen) is clearly not what is required! You'd probably get a ticket on the continent if you were only carrying what some UK outlets try to sell you as 'a first aid kit'.
Mine complied with the above, and my fire extinguisher had to apply too. I still carry that as it's useful, but the first aid kit? Hmmm. I guess it depends how far from the nearest A&E you are.

Overall I guess it's better to have than not - just.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page