I bought a Kangoo ZE !!!!! - Renault Z.E. Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-28-2014, 05:06 PM Thread Starter

I bought a Kangoo ZE !!!!!

Hi everybody - my ex-demo Kangoo was delivered on Thursday ( 18th ). Just thought I would join the forum and share my experiences with other forum users.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-29-2014, 09:28 AM
Super Moderator

RE: I bought a Kangoo ZE !!!!!

Well done! I've always liked the look of it!
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-29-2014, 03:44 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzby
Well done! I've always liked the look of it!
Does anyone know what the range should be after a full charge ? I know my Kangoo obviously sat at the dealer from registration on 11/2012 and only covered 480 miles in that time !!!!! - When fully charged the range is only 75 miles ( although that has steadily risen from the 64 mile max when I first charged it ).

Any input would be appreciated.

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-29-2014, 06:23 PM

You appear to be talking about the range estimation on the dash. It is of very little value, IMHO. Forget it. Get used to relating your driving style, and the weather, with how many miles you get for each 'octal' of the SOC meter.

Give it a good charge and drive nicely, see how far you get. You should be getting a comfortable 40 miles on half of a battery at the moment, with no heating.

Did you get one with the winter diesel heater built in? The best option on an EV there could be, IMHO!
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-01-2014, 03:48 AM
Super Moderator

You'll rarely see the guessometer increase any more - indeed, with autumn/winter approaching it will start to fall, but has no other relevance. It has no idea what your next journey will be like and I find it over and under estimating in equal measure.

It's about as relevant as petrol prices!
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-06-2014, 06:22 AM Thread Starter

Thanks for that Donald - I seem to be getting about 40 odd miles to half a charge at the moment. ( I'm showing 3.45 MPKwh now - is that good ?? ). No - I haven't got the diesel heater ( are they like the night heater that you get in a truck ? ). The dealer didn't know what the spec was - told me it had over 2000 miles on the clock, and it arrived with 480 ( which was good for me ). It's got the folding passenger seat and swinging mesh bulk head. It also arrived with both the type 2 charging lead AND the 3 pin charging lead !!!!! Luckily the van is as new - I'm very happy so far - even more so as I have solar panels in my field so I use my excess generated electric to charge the van.

Thanks Buzby - I'm not even looking at the guessometer anymore and getting to grips with it. Really enjoying the regenerating facility, as it really suits my driving style .
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-06-2014, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squidges_roadie
Thanks for that Donald - I seem to be getting about 40 odd miles to half a charge at the moment. ( I'm showing 3.45 MPKwh now - is that good ?? ).
Seems fine to me. It's not 'hypermiling' territory but if you are driving 'normally' I'd expect 3.5 to 4MPkWh.

You will see a marked drop once you get the heater going and the temperature drops. Wet roads drain the battery even more. Lights and radio don't use buttons. Keep them on!
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-17-2014, 07:56 PM

Congratulations on the Kangoo. I have had mine for two months now, still smiling everytime it takes off!!! The guessometer is only a reflection of yesterday's driving, but I have not seen 75 on the Range meter yet, so you must be doing something right!! FWIW I reckon 8 miles per segment, so I now know where all my eight mile markers are from home (pass the marker before the light goes on and you are home safe!!!)
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-18-2014, 06:59 AM Thread Starter

Hi GSP Wagon - I'm with you on the smiles front - each journey still makes me smile, and I really enjoy the serene calmness of it !!!! Did a 13 mile run yesterday in the rain with heater on and used 2 segments - so as Donald said earlier, the weather soon drags the battery down !!!! On the plus side, I'm still generating enough from my solar panels to charge the Kangoo, as of yet all my charging has been for free
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-18-2014, 08:50 AM

Reminds me of Glasgow's European city of culture slogan - "...Smiles Better''

Only the Fluenze section seems to get regular use on this forum....thought I would try a thread in the Kangoo section to perhaps pick up on heater options etc....

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page