New owner Fluence - Renault Z.E. Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-02-2015, 07:06 PM Thread Starter

New owner Fluence

Hi, I am the happy owner of a 2012 Renault Fluency since 1/9/2015.
I have not anything activated yet - but just drove around and charged, it charges up to a maximum of 104 km so far. I am happy with any suggestions as this is my first electric car
I live in the west of Ireland and brought it back home from Dublin to Mayo - which was a bit of a learning curve!
Greetings from Susanna
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-03-2015, 08:13 AM
Super Moderator

RE: New owner Fluence

Hi Susanna, and Welcome! You'll find the car luxurious but hopefully the Mayo roads are a little better than when I was last there! Do remember, the Fluence cannot charge at Rapid charging sites only Slow and Fast, so hopefully this won't be a problem for you.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-03-2015, 02:39 PM Thread Starter

Hi Busby, the Mayo roads have improved - I don't know when you last visited but its not bad, the Fluency is absolutely comfortable, I have 2 type-2 - 22kw chargers in my town and then my own house which will be supplied with a charger by the ESB (electricity board) in near future. The radius I travel is about 25-30 km a day so 50-60km on a single charge. Hopefully that should be OK for this car, however there are a few hills all over Mayo so that is a challenge. I live on a steep hill myself, so going to town I used 1 km - but coming back 14 km range, but it is probably just a matter of getting used to.
What I am trying to find out is, can I check on my mobile phone or my car is charged or how much range I have - so far I have not found it - if you can tell me it is not possible in Ireland I would be grateful or if you can send me in the direction where to look that would be really great. I am just finding my way around,
Also if you have any idea how many electric cars are in this area or if there is a database to tap in that would be nice - I have seen only 1 car - a leaf and I know there is another car around and I believe that is a leaf too, also the local Renault garage has a Zo for sale - but the Fluency was affordable
Thanks again, regards Susanna[hr]
I type FLUENC E but my laptop changed it to FLUENCY so I apologise
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-04-2015, 03:46 AM
Super Moderator

The Fluence can only take a 16a (max) charge - at 7Kw, so whilst you can still use the 22Kw posts (these use 3phase power) the Fluence will not charge any faster. You'll find more things will affect range - temperature and seasons. I will get on average 80m in Summer with careful driving, but the same routes in December to February I'll struggle to get 44m ! Not a fault with the car, but the physics of battery chemistry.

To have the battery status reported to your phone or web browser, you need to activate ZE Services (do a forum search). This is an optional extra which in Scotland I'm charged 25pa - yes, I find it very useful, but it is expensive what what it is. Nothing else is provided for the money - if you want to update the maps, you do this through TomTom directly, putting the SD card into a PC - remembering to eject it via the Carimnat menu first.

As for how many EV's in your area? No idea, I've also no idea how many are in mine, but there are only 3 Fluences, which makes me happy I never got a Leaf or a Zoe!
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-04-2015, 11:25 AM Thread Starter

Hi Busby
thank you for your kind reply, I will see how I get on without it and then decide, I was told I could not get it for this car, so I'm trilled it is available - but with the new car there is so much to look at yet that I don't need it this instant, but I do not mind to pay for the service at the moment I have free electricity in town but just pay at home - it is cheaper than petrol whichever way you look at it
The TomTom is free for life I'm told - but you might confirm that at some time in the future, I know it is normal info for you, but I am so trilled and everyone I speak to want to see it and they can't believe the size of the car with all its comforts.
Thanks again Susanna
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-05-2015, 10:18 AM
Super Moderator

Yes, TT is 'free for life' - ie it still will work if you do not pay for it, but the all-important mapping and waypoint updates are chargeable and won't be updated until you give some euros to TT. The urgency of doing this in Eire is minimal as there are not many new routes or motorways to get bothered about!
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-05-2015, 12:28 PM Thread Starter

Great - Thank you

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page