Number of registered Fluences DROPS! - Renault Z.E. Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-28-2013, 03:09 PM Thread Starter

Number of registered Fluences DROPS!

So according to http://www.howmanyleft.co.uk , registered Dynamique Fluences numbered 60 on UK roads a couple of weeks back.

It has now dropped to 56!?

('Expression' models remain the same, at 3 cars on the road, registered in UK.)

I'd really like to know how many are actually in the hands of 'regular punters', rather than still with Renault UK, or County Councils attempting to show 'green-cred'.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-28-2013, 06:25 PM
Banned

RE: Number of registered Fluences DROPS!

Because 6 are SORNed.

Probably cheaper to take it off the road than have it sit on a forecourt not selling but paying 74 pm on a battery?
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-29-2013, 06:11 AM

The numbers on Howmanyleft are for Q1 2013. The SORN'd are probably the company owned cars Renault recently sold.

If they aren't, a few cars going on SORN isn't that unusual. Either way Donald, you own a very rare car.

Quote:
I'd really like to know how many are actually in the hands of 'regular punters', rather than still with Renault UK, or County Councils attempting to show 'green-cred'.
Renault just sold some or most of theirs. Dealers have also sold their demonstrators. I have no idea how many of the rest went to councils.

I do know that many of the 300 Kangoo Z.E. vans on the road went to Airport operators. Along with the 'green-cred' airport operations are one of the niches where an electric van has a good business case.

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-21-2013, 02:40 PM Thread Starter

Some new figures on howmanyleft have been loaded.

Total Fluences DROPS AGAIN to 51 [was 56] for the Dynamique and 2 [was 3] for the Expression !

Very weirdly, is that last quarter there were 56 registered and 6 SORN, with 3 Expressions and 0 SORN. Now there are only 51 registered and 1 SORN, with 2 Expressions and 0 SORN.

11 Fluences have disappeared. Over 10% of the UK 'fleet'.

hmmm... I guess DVLA will be sending out some of those annoying fines to Renault, unless Renault have ... errr... scrapped them !?!?!? Of course, 'HowManyLeft' could have the wrong numbers showing?

Or maybe they have been exported as demo vehicles to other markets to try to garner some interest?

There are a half dozen or more on Renault.co.cuk/Autotrader for sale. So I reckon that means Paul and I alone are in charge of some 5% of all UK Fluence ZE's!!

RHD Fluence ZE's are becoming a very rare, possibly very endangered, species it seems.

Zoe's have shot from 9 Dynamic Intens to 87 Intens, 45 Zens and 1 other, total 133.
[hr]
FWIW:

Total current Nissan Leafies = ~2200
MieV = ~260
C-Zero = 194
Pug Ion = 337
Tesla = ~54

also Kangoos' = 363 (including 3 of the 5 seaters, if that is what 'Maxi' means?)
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-22-2013, 02:43 AM
Banned

My guess is it's going the way of the EV1, just more slowly and quietly. Couldn't happen if you owned the car and battery in full.
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-22-2013, 05:28 AM

The Maxi is the Long Wheel Base van. Rear seats are optional. However, I think most of them do have the seats.
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-16-2014, 05:06 AM
Super Moderator

Why would anyone want to SORN an EV? The whole point of the scheme was to save you money when not using the vehicle. Since EV's are in the NIL tax band, why would anyone bother - it's not as if you were waiting to get an MoT (yet!).
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-16-2014, 06:38 AM Thread Starter

That's what I couldn't figure when I got mine. No tax on it. Meant I could not collect it that day. But apparently (someone suggested on another forum) it is something to do with the DVLA new strategy for screwing with people; "continuous insurance" - if it has tax it has to be insured on a policy specifying that car, else the 'Big Brother Computer' automatically pumps out a fine.

post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-16-2014, 11:33 AM
Eep

There reasons to SORN a Renault EV are none given you will still be paying the battery lease and, as mentioned above, the VED is nil and the Big Brother computer system hasn't yet cottoned onto the fact that if your tax is 0 then the car might be taxed but not insured.
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-16-2014, 11:40 AM Thread Starter

There's none that make sense for private ownership, but these are Renault HQ/dealer cars.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page