Polar Network - Charging? - Renault Z.E. Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-02-2014, 04:56 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Polar Network - Charging?

Anyone noticed if Chargemaster's Polar network is actually requiring payment to charge up? The price list was effective from yesterday (1st April) but I see their dedicated PAYG website is still showing their hosting company holding page and nothing else.

I've also not found their promised PAYG app - but my searches (so far) haven't shown anything relevant. Could they be just as inefficient as RCI?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-03-2014, 09:14 AM

RE: Polar Network - Charging?

It doesn't matter to me as I don't have my car. However Polar Chargemaster are due to service/replace/stare at my charger tomorrow morning. If someone arrives at least it means they haven't gone belly-up.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-03-2014, 01:12 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Keep us posted!
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-07-2014, 04:31 AM

The news is part good, part bad and part the usual.

The good is that Polar found my chargepoint faulty and swapped it out for a new one. The paperwork interestingly does not have the SIM section filled in so maybe it doesn't have one?

The bad is that I don't know if the chargepoint works as I still have no official news re my car. Unless I get some soon (like this morning) I will have to return the hire car and learn to walk again.

The usual refers to Polar's new charge price strategy. I hear that old cards don't work, new cards probably don't work, chargepoints are as unreliable as ever and where installed by Chargemaster but run by someone else you throw the dice in the air and see how they fall! The iphone app might appear soon, the android app might appear later or even much later.

I must admire the enthusiasm with which companies play with new tech and expect us poor sods to feel grateful for the inevitable mess that results. The horse and cart had a lot going for it. Sorry, I'm rambling, but then I've got nothing else to do........

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page