Changing Plates - Renault Z.E. Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-31-2014, 10:51 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Changing Plates

I came back from holiday to find my cherished number transfer had taken place and my Fluence was no longer one of the HV12 fleet.

First issue was Renault had fitted the HV12 plates with anti-Tamper screws. These had to be drilled out, end even then metal shards of the retaining clips now rattle around inside the boot - but the best is yet to come.

Having finally got the rear plate off, what do I find, but chrome keyslot which the user can manually use to open the boot! Next to it, were stickers showing a drill with a big X through it - No Drilling! Dear old Renault UK were not bothered by this and put the irremovable plate on top of the keyhole using the aforementioned anti-tamper screws.

I tried to fit the replacement plate to the right of the keyslot, but UK plates are so big it looked badly off centre, so I had to abandon that idea. At least I know it's there now, and I've used double-sided stickies so it is easier to get to if need be!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-31-2014, 12:40 PM

RE: Changing Plates

Interesting.

So, was there a lock in the boot, and if so did your key fit? Or was there just a hole and you can fish around and open the boot?

I guess ultimately it is something that is unnecessary but a good idea to leave, because if the electric locking does fail then how are you going to get into it? Can-opener, anyone?

I think I'd have just used adhesive pads to stick the new plate straight on top of the old one, once I saw tamper-proof screws!
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-01-2014, 03:35 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

RE: Changing Plates

Quote:
Originally Posted by donald
Interesting.

So, was there a lock in the boot, and if so did your key fit? Or was there just a hole and you can fish around and open the boot?

I guess ultimately it is something that is unnecessary but a good idea to leave, because if the electric locking does fail then how are you going to get into it? Can-opener, anyone?

I think I'd have just used adhesive pads to stick the new plate straight on top of the old one, once I saw tamper-proof screws!
No, it is a fully working lock mechanism - and keyed to the Fluence's remote/key -I tried it, and a quarter turn popped the lid in the same way as if you pressed the lid button.

[/img]
I wasn't keen on putting a plate on plate - the screw head and colour caps would have to be ground down, and then the plate would fall off anyway! Also, it does look suspicious...... A spare (invalid) plate for confusing a ANPR devices?
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-26-2017, 05:24 AM

Cool ???

?????? 1,Packing cubes.html?????????? Packing cubes ?

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page