Is there anyone there? - Renault Z.E. Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-24-2013, 06:49 AM Thread Starter
Banned

Is there anyone there?

A memo to Renault Customer Services

Monday 24th. June

To anyone who will listen

My last message has not received the COURTESY of a reply.
The STRESS brought on by all this nonsense is now seriously affecting me.
I have had use of my car for FOUR of the past SEVENTEEN weeks.
I have NO hire car as its period had expired and I returned it as I NEVER KNOW if the hire has been renewed or not.
Renault Manchester have indicated their desire to SOURCE ANOTHER CAR for me
A week ago today they were in TELEPHONE DISCUSSION with yourselves.
A week later and STILL NOTHING has resulted

On 2nd. APRIL that I indicated in writing that I had lost all confidence in this car and took the matter up with Renault Manchester
Renault Manchester was KEEN to have the car back and sort it
Renault UK said NO as "the local dealers HAD TO LEARN to handle these cars"
Given the choice, I would rather my car was being worked on by someone who KNOWS WHAT HE'S DOING.
Twelve weeks on my confidence has EVAPORATED.
Even if the car is ready for collection (and I've heard that several times before) I have NO WISH to act as an unpaid test driver for Renault.

GIVE ME A CAR THAT WORKS
AND COMPENSATE ME FOR 6 MONTHS OF ****

Paul Edgington
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-28-2013, 04:03 AM Thread Starter
Banned

RE: Is there anyone there?

YES. MAYBE

At long last I can report that after the most stressful period in my life sense appears to prevai. I have an offer of a replacement car, with financial inducement to compensate for a higher mileage, from the supplying dealer. And at long last I have persuaded Renault to shoulder their part of the blame for this saga dragging out for months when it could have been resolved at the beginning of April - had they listened to the supplying dealer. maybe the threat of solicitors had some effect, but being charitable I would like to think commonsense prevailed.

The replacement should be in my hands in a few days, then perhaps I can get back to enyoying the delight of an all-electric car as I had originally planned for. Thanks, Renault Manchester and Neil. You can hold your head up high!

Paul
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-28-2013, 06:28 AM

Fingers crossed all will go well and the replacement will be trouble free.
post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-06-2013, 02:38 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew*Debbie
Fingers crossed all will go well and the replacement will be trouble free.
You know what, I was seriously considering the Fluence ZE compared to the Nissan Leaf as it's much cheaper and I actually don't mind the shape, but I need my car to be reliable and the threads on this forum really show that Renault hasn't changed from 7 years ago when a company I worked for banned them from the company car lists because of their shocking reliability and dealer experience.

Shame.

ps There's a Fluence ZE on Autotrader for 9,000, yes 9k! but could you really take the chance considering the reviews on here? I hope Renault are reading this forum, but fear not

post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-06-2013, 03:01 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Yes, fingers crossed. I'm promised delivery is on Monday so I hope all goes well. Hopefully my future posts will be more reassuring.

And yes, cars are available with just a few miles on them for what really seems a bargain price. But do buy from a dealer who knows what he's selling, you will need a fair bit of hand-holding to get everything sorted. At least, I reckon so. Just keep watching this space for further news.

By the bye, has anyone actually GOT a Zoe yet or are they still a figment of an advertising man's imagination?

Paul
post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-11-2013, 04:07 AM Thread Starter
Banned

After a fraught few months Florence - white but not angelic - has been replaced by Blue. He arrived Monday as promised and has so far had a couple of trips and one charge of leccy, achieving a range of 94 miles.
post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-11-2013, 11:27 AM
Banned

At last.

Do you think there actually was a fault or was it just weird French electrics?

I ask as a while back I had a Peugeot 406 and it kept chiming up "airbag fault" but it was checked, triple checked and checked again and again and everything was apparently ok. Others who had 406s told me theirs did similar warnings including some that said "STOP IMMEDIATELY - Brake Failure" but despite being checked numerous times, was fault to be fine - and the brakes didn't ever fail.

French cars have always had electrical gremlins or were your issues physical?
post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-11-2013, 11:37 AM Thread Starter
Banned

I fear not. My problems genuinely existed and I have shot nerves and 18 weeks without my car as a result.

You make a good point about computer generated messages, these are often way off the mark and occasionally spurious. As modern cars rely on computers to actually DO things, I do worry that if a computer tells the car to do something it really shouldn't be doing, the end result could be damage to the mechanics as it tries to obey the nonsense instruction. Happy thought, eh?
post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-12-2013, 09:37 AM
Banned

Would you buy another and would ever recommend anyone else to?

Also, how you finding the battery lease? Any concerns about how you can sell the car with a 100 pm lease agreement needed? That's one of my major worries. It's ok paying 100 pm (or whatever it is) for 12,000 miles pa on a new car, but what happens when it falls into 4 year old, 5,000 purchase price territory? People buying cars at that age will be doing so on a budget and having to find 100 pm just to use their car could be off putting.

That's pretty much the main reason I didn't snap up that 350 mile 9,000 Fluence on sale at the moment. Well, it was until I read of your experiences.
post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-12-2013, 03:36 PM Thread Starter
Banned

I do believe the Fluence has the potential to be a lovely car. I chose it over the Leaf because of its absence of annoying gimmicks. It's too early to say whether I have been wise in accepting another of the same, I do hope so. Space-wise it's more roomy than the Leaf and performance-wise the only downside is the 13.5 0-60 time which the Leaf betters by quite a margin. Range-wise, gentle winter use achieved upper 60's and with summer now upon us cruising around is in the high 90's; I might even pass the ton on the current charge! Mind you, that's keeping down to 50 where traffic allows. How low you can push the range down really depends on how you drive the beast, and that applies to all electrics.

The battery lease was not to my liking (Nissan have now caught the idea as an option) but I had no choice. With the miles per year I'm likely to do it's going to work out expensive to run. 76 for 6000 miles isn't bad so long as you use up your mileage allowance - but don't go over, there's a cost per mile penalty! Do remember that the lease includes full breakdown recovery, even if you foolishly run out of juice. I don't think I could contenplate any electric car without such a facility.

The final downside for the Fluence is the maximum charge rate of 16A, way below that on UK Leaves. Strange, the publicity during the pre-launch suggested an 80% charge in under the hour, as picked up by many commentators.I wonder what made Renault change their mind?

Keep watching this forum, I will update you all at regular intervals.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page