Is the 'Android App' any real use? - Renault Z.E. Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-25-2013, 02:52 PM Thread Starter

Is the 'Android App' any real use?

Apparently, I was supposed to have been given some info on the android app that goes along with the Fluence at time of purchase. Now I have to go ask Renault to set something up for me to use it.

However, after reading Paul's stories, does it actually do anything particularly useful, or is it just a gimmick?

I don't need an app to tell me when the car is charged - I can go look at the car! Besides, I will know how long it will take to charge. So if it cannot be used to programme the charging time, or activate the climate control remotely, or something useful like that, I'm not sure I can be bothered with the extra hassle of 'installing an app'.

So - what does 'the app' actually do, and is it gimmick or real benefit?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-26-2013, 05:38 AM
Banned

RE: Is the 'Android App' any real use?

Quote:
Originally Posted by donald
Apparently, I was supposed to have been given some info on the android app that goes along with the Fluence at time of purchase. Now I have to go ask Renault to set something up for me to use it.

However, after reading Paul's stories, does it actually do anything particularly useful, or is it just a gimmick?

I don't need an app to tell me when the car is charged - I can go look at the car! Besides, I will know how long it will take to charge. So if it cannot be used to programme the charging time, or activate the climate control remotely, or something useful like that, I'm not sure I can be bothered with the extra hassle of 'installing an app'.

So - what does 'the app' actually do, and is it gimmick or real benefit?
Gimmick!
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-26-2013, 05:42 AM Thread Starter

RE: Is the 'Android App' any real use?

Thx. From what I heard, I thought that might be so.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page