Renault Z.E Services - Renault Z.E. Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 41 (permalink) Old 10-16-2013, 02:45 AM Thread Starter

Renault Z.E Services

I need an activation code to access Renault z.e services and the android app. Apparently it should have been provided in the 'welcome' letter when I got the car. Dealer seems to be dragging his heels on it.

Wondering if anyone had similar issues and whether there were any quicker ways of getting it (Renault UK direct for example).

I am also assuming it is a service provided free of charge whilst a Z.E owner (i.e no subscription)

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 41 (permalink) Old 10-16-2013, 03:50 AM
Banned

RE: Renault Z.E Services

I had the same problem and eventually got Renault Customer Services to get it sorted. Very annoying and timewasting.

Once you have ZE Services activated you can use the smartphone app to monitor charge level (not in real time) and to notify you by text or email when charge is completed. remember, as Donald (?) pointed out, once 100% level is achieved the charger continues to do something for up to half an hour so don't be too keen to unplug it.

Don't get too excited at the prospect of using the ZE Services app on the car's satnav to direct you to charging points etc. as it won't. The user manual (on the satnav) goes into great detail about what it does - but it doesn't. Clicking on ZE Services comes up with a message that this service is NOT AVAILABLE IN THIS COUNTRY. The happened on my first Fluence and also on the present one, it doesn't appear to be connected with activation of Services. And some Zoe owners have the same gripe. I raised the matter with Customer Services more than once but no solution or explanation was forthcoming. Great, eh?

The car will direct you to a nearby charging point if you run the battery down far enough, usually aroung 10 miles left - at least it offers you the option but I've alwasy been close enough to home not to have to see if it works! Time for a little experiment, I think - but what to do if it fails and strands me? I don't fancy the hassle so I might leave experiementation to others...... And ten miles does not fill me with confidence, it would be VERY EASY to have NO charge point within that range, hence the abortive ZE Services system that doesn't work would have been invaluable.

I now have my Chargemaster/Polar card as an insurance and my Ecotricity card is on the way. I just need to do my homework before I set out on a journey - and carry a smartphone with me so that I can access websites that provide up to date information on charging sites and availability. It does seem lots of them aren't working at any one time.
post #3 of 41 (permalink) Old 10-16-2013, 04:01 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauledg
I had the same problem and eventually got Renault Customer Services to get it sorted. Very annoying and timewasting.

Once you have ZE Services activated you can use the smartphone app to monitor charge level (not in real time) and to notify you by text or email when charge is completed. remember, as Donald (?) pointed out, once 100% level is achieved the charger continues to do something for up to half an hour so don't be too keen to unplug it.

Don't get too excited at the prospect of using the ZE Services app on the car's satnav to direct you to charging points etc. as it won't. The user manual (on the satnav) goes into great detail about what it does - but it doesn't. Clicking on ZE Services comes up with a message that this service is NOT AVAILABLE IN THIS COUNTRY. The happened on my first Fluence and also on the present one, it doesn't appear to be connected with activation of Services. And some Zoe owners have the same gripe. I raised the matter with Customer Services more than once but no solution or explanation was forthcoming. Great, eh?

The car will direct you to a nearby charging point if you run the battery down far enough, usually aroung 10 miles left - at least it offers you the option but I've alwasy been close enough to home not to have to see if it works! Time for a little experiment, I think - but what to do if it fails and strands me? I don't fancy the hassle so I might leave experiementation to others...... And ten miles does not fill me with confidence, it would be VERY EASY to have NO charge point within that range, hence the abortive ZE Services system that doesn't work would have been invaluable.

I now have my Chargemaster/Polar card as an insurance and my Ecotricity card is on the way. I just need to do my homework before I set out on a journey - and carry a smartphone with me so that I can access websites that provide up to date information on charging sites and availability. It does seem lots of them aren't working at any one time.
Yes I was unconvinced with the ability of the TomTom to get me to my nearest charging point. I would plan my route through the chargemaster (like my epic delivery run) or chargeyourcar network if I was embarking on a big journey. Really just wanted to get the smartphone app working. When I am parking in the city nice to know my car was at full charge whilst I am toddling round the shops.

post #4 of 41 (permalink) Old 10-16-2013, 04:06 AM
Banned

The app works mostly, though with two smartphones to receive the email notifications quite often one does and one doesn't. Explain that if you can! I happened again this morning.
post #5 of 41 (permalink) Old 10-16-2013, 04:43 AM

I asked customer services about this and then they called me back a couple of weeks later while I was out of the country and I did not take the call.

They sent a letter saying to the effect of ' we didn't get through, so if you don't contact us, we'll presume the matter is closed'. Nice ....

Given that the ZE services look marginal to useless, I, naturally, thought 's***w you', and see no benefit in complicating my life further with more useless 'apps', passwords, &c..

If you guys find this stuff starts working and adds useful functionality, then please do flag it up to me. Otherwise, looks like a load of codswallop blah-de-blah 'aren't-we-so-Information-Tech' to me.

I plug the car in and I know exactly what its charge state will be after a given time. What the HECK is the point in having an app to tell me what any half-wit with a watch should be able to easily figure out already!?!?

To my mind, this just shows how poorly they have judged, at the very least, the 'early adopters'. The 'mushroom' treatment (keep 'em in the dark, and feed 'em on s**t) will never work on early technology adopters.
post #6 of 41 (permalink) Old 10-16-2013, 06:23 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by donald
To my mind, this just shows how poorly they have judged, at the very least, the 'early adopters'. The 'mushroom' treatment (keep 'em in the dark, and feed 'em on s**t) will never work on early technology adopters.
..... as they found out to their peril when trying to fob me off. Actually I don't think that was their intention, I think the ZE Customer Services staff hadn't a clue about most of what I was on about, keeping on referring back and invariably not coming back with a worthwhile answer. In the end they told me to talk to the folk at Renault Manchester "as they know more than we do"!

It also appears that, some years of progress on, Zoe owners seem to have the same opinion of Renault CS.
post #7 of 41 (permalink) Old 10-16-2013, 06:49 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by donald
I asked customer services about this and then they called me back a couple of weeks later while I was out of the country and I did not take the call.

They sent a letter saying to the effect of ' we didn't get through, so if you don't contact us, we'll presume the matter is closed'. Nice ....

Given that the ZE services look marginal to useless, I, naturally, thought 's***w you', and see no benefit in complicating my life further with more useless 'apps', passwords, &c..

If you guys find this stuff starts working and adds useful functionality, then please do flag it up to me. Otherwise, looks like a load of codswallop blah-de-blah 'aren't-we-so-Information-Tech' to me.

I plug the car in and I know exactly what its charge state will be after a given time. What the HECK is the point in having an app to tell me what any half-wit with a watch should be able to easily figure out already!?!?

I agree that coupled with my watch I should be able to tell when my car should be fully charged. The only advantage I can see in having that app is that it is just another nice feature to alleviate the stress factor if you are worrying about charge to get home. Let's say in the nice summer weather I decide to embark on a family trip to the seaside. It is 60 miles away so I know I can get there comfortably. I have checked the chargemaster network and I have found a convenient Asda 1 mile from the beach. So I park up, put my car on charge and the car tells me it will be fully charged by 3 in the afternoon. Now if I have an app or email notification on my smartphone I will be expecting a text or email about 3pm to confirm my car is fully charged and ready to go (heck I may have even pre-set the AC). Now, if I don't get that text is it the fact that the app is not working or is it that the charger has packed in (problem with the chargepost, some ned has decided to jump up and down on my cable)? Maybe just maybe it would be worth finding that out at 3pm rather than returning to my car at 6pm to find the battery as flat as the proverbial pancake!!
post #8 of 41 (permalink) Old 10-16-2013, 07:01 AM
Banned

If you check the app on your phone during charging it tells you how far it's got. You're right, useful if you've left the car charging and gone off to enjoy yourself. It's the final email that sometimes doesn't come through.
post #9 of 41 (permalink) Old 10-16-2013, 07:53 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauledg
If you check the app on your phone during charging it tells you how far it's got. You're right, useful if you've left the car charging and gone off to enjoy yourself. It's the final email that sometimes doesn't come through.
Even better being able to check progress. Just need to get that access code from Renault!!
post #10 of 41 (permalink) Old 10-31-2013, 07:51 AM Thread Starter

That's me now on my 10th phone call to the dealer. Think I'll speak to Renault UK customer service instead!!

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page