Eco mode - Renault Z.E. Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-26-2013, 02:12 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Eco mode

Perhaps my brain is iced up but I can't select Eco mode, Auto lights up as well. Cancelling Auto disables Eco. What am I doing wrong?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-26-2013, 02:41 PM

RE: Eco mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauledg
Perhaps my brain is iced up but I can't select Eco mode, Auto lights up as well. Cancelling Auto disables Eco. What am I doing wrong?
I think that's right. 'Auto' is simply that the system decides on fan speeds and vents.

Press eco and the auto comes on and the screen blanks out. If you then manually select a different fan speed, you should still get the 'eco' but then the auto goes out (I think?!) 'cos you are now operating manually. If you pick your vents, though, then the Eco goes out too.

Your experience might be different, but IMHO eco doesn't work so well with heating. I think it puts too much air onto the screen, where it all cools down quickly, ruining any possible other benefit the eco mode brings (whatever it does??). Better just to select footwell manually, in my considered opinion after due testing.

I found the eco mode worked well in summer, though, when operating the AC efficiently.

post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-26-2013, 03:42 PM

RE: Eco mode

Yeah - you're OK Paul, it does what Donald says on my car too, so I think all three of us are experiencing the same thing. An interesting other thing to check is whether putting it in eco mode copies the temp setting of the driver's side. On mine it does. So if driver's side is 24 deg and passenger is set at 19 deg, for example, pressing the eco button will equalise both sides to 24 degrees. Not sure why it does this mirroring thing as it's not very 'eco' !! Any ideas?

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page