Spring is coming! - Renault Z.E. Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-19-2014, 04:32 AM Thread Starter

Spring is coming!

It's official, Spring is on the way. My projected range has risen to 79. Hang onto that thought..... I even went out for a country drive to enjoy the sun and watched the red kites doing their aerobatics. I reckon they thought Spring was here, too. Makes you feel good.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-19-2014, 04:44 AM

RE: Spring is coming!

I'm very much looking forward to better weather.

The range I'm getting at the moment usually does the job where my pattern of journeys is concerned, but I'm still interested to see how much I can squeeze out of the batteries under more favourable conditions.
post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-19-2014, 09:41 AM

I too am seeing increased range with the increase in temperature
From the frightening 29 mile range when I picked the car up last December, the range meter has hovered between 55 and 65 miles on my 34 mile round trip commute .Pre heating has been a god send when setting off for work at 6.15 in a morning and has no doubt helped to maintain this range.
Nice surprise this morning. Checked Ze services upon arrival at work to see I had only used 20% of charge for my 17 mile trip to work indicating 85 miles on a full charge.
Roll on summer !!

post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-19-2014, 09:58 AM Thread Starter

Zelee, beware when checking ZE Services. It's caught me out on several occasions by not being up to date. Always check the date/time to which its information applies. If you really did get 85 estimate that's brilliant for this time of year.
post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-19-2014, 10:18 AM

Thanks william.
Just checked the date and time and all seems as it should be.
The percentiles seem pretty accurate from my experience, and tie in closely with the Soc meter.
post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-19-2014, 03:31 PM

Even though it was 5C this morning, with the sun shining and together with the pre-heating it didn't really seem worth putting the heating on. Didn't feel cold at all. Kept up a decent 60 on the motorway and arrived having consumed 'summer' levels of charge on my usual commute. Thought I'd leave the heater off on the way home too to preserve that level of charge, then I won't need to charge again for my routes tomorrow, though I didn't get away until late when it had cooled down again. Even so, it was 8C then and I wasn't exactly warm but didn't 'freeze'. Pottered back at 55ish, finished my 45 mile commute having consumed less than a half a battery, around 45%. So, 100 mile range..... clearly the battery is still working fine, even though I, also, have managed to plummet the range to less than 50 at times over winter.
post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-20-2014, 04:21 AM Thread Starter

So there we have it! So long as us realists don't plan on driving through the winter in shirtsleeves we have nothing to worry about. We've been through the worst of the season and come out largely unscathed.

That's unless you're a pessimist who's convinced that we haven't had a winter at all......

I vote for realist.
post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-20-2014, 06:39 AM
Eep

Quote:
Originally Posted by william
So there we have it! So long as us realists don't plan on driving through the winter in shirtsleeves we have nothing to worry about. We've been through the worst of the season and come out largely unscathed.

That's unless you're a pessimist who's convinced that we haven't had a winter at all......

I vote for realist.
I think a realist would take a view that this has been one of the mildest winters since records began. I've not seen the temperature gauge in the car drop below zero for the entire period.

Though the same could not be said if I were living across the pond...
post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-20-2014, 06:52 AM

I'm just sitting having a cup of tea having completed the outward leg of my most frequent regular long journey (Ely, Cambs to King's Lynn) and without doing any detailed calculations, the range/distance readouts seem to be giving me a total range about five to ten miles greater than usual. It's about 11c, only a few degrees higher than over the last few weeks. All very encouraging!
post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-20-2014, 08:20 AM
Eep

According to the Met Office (of whom I rarely take notice these days, much preferring the Norwegians instead) claim temperatures will move closer to their seasonal average and we may be due a frost towards the middle of next week. The numbers may yet shift again.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page