Parrot bluetooth for phone - Renault Z.E. Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-23-2014, 08:09 AM Thread Starter

Parrot bluetooth for phone

It always puzzled me why the Dynamique would have Bluetooth installed as standard yet offer Parrot Bluetooth as an option. I don't know the answer but my car has both!

This is where I get confused. The built in system seems fine to me, though I never managed to persuade it to offer the opportunity to link two phones. Otherwise is works well and clearly.

The Parrot system has a miniscule 3 line blue on black screen no more than 1.5 x 0.5 inches which is utterly unreadable on the move and not much better when motionless. It recognised one of my phones automatically. It has a measure of voice recognition, incoming calls respond to the command ACCEPT or REJECT. The instruction book is thick but the English bit is lacking in substance. There might be a way to link the phone's contact list, depending on the phone but if you have more than one entry for a name you rely on that damned screen to choose which entry to accept. Of course you've got to know what name you have in the contact list. Hopeless.

I managed to receive a call okay, though I'm not sure the Parrot disconnected the call when asked, it still seemed live till killed at the other end. Having the Parrot appears to have wiped out the original system unless anyone knows better.

So what is the point? Why would anyone pay 275 extra for something that removes the ability to use the satnav screen when calling? I reckon it's about as much use as the split 60/40 rear seat that the Dynamique's supposed to have. Fold it to check the battery's still there, perhaps? Or fold it to make room for an extra battery....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-23-2014, 08:43 AM
Super Moderator

RE: Parrot bluetooth for phone

I was offered this unit for the Twizy, and am so delighted that I never bothered! You are correct, it IS a wasteful duplication and really only relevant to someone who does not have the inbuilt option offered as standard.

I've seen many folk specify items they already have, ant if takes a brave salesman to notice and suggest you don't!
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-23-2014, 12:31 PM
Eep

Quote:
Originally Posted by william
I reckon it's about as much use as the split 60/40 rear seat that the Dynamique's supposed to have. Fold it to check the battery's still there, perhaps? Or fold it to make room for an extra battery....
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-27-2014, 03:29 AM Thread Starter

I was about to praise the Parrot for actually managing to pair unaided with both of my phones (not at the same time!) however yesterday it ignored my phone and refused to pair. Ah well, at least the Parrot came free with the car. If only I knew how to disable it and revert to the built in system which that blasted bird has killed.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-27-2014, 06:17 PM
Super Moderator

That's a shame! My issue is more basic - my iPhone paired with the inbuilt system, it streams MP3 music and the quality is just superb, BUT calls made from the dash display dial but I cannot be heard - anyone had this?

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page