Basics for Fluence Drivers - Renault Z.E. Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-28-2014, 06:50 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Basics for Fluence Drivers

Right! I think I've digested all the instruction booklets and my brain hurts. What does confuse me is the reference to a USB socket - supposedly under the Media control unit and adjacent to the cup holder. All I have is two photo sockets (red and white) and nothing else. Logic would dictate if located anywhere it would be here, but it isn't, so I've either missed something, or they forgot to fit it.

I remembered to take my USB lead, then found I had nowhere to stick it, and the phone died. I know I can get a 12v > USB socket adaptor but that means I lose a socket for the dash cam.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-28-2014, 08:57 AM

RE: Basics for Fluence Drivers

I've not seen any reference to a USB port, and I have not seen one on the car.

Where does it mention USB port?
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-28-2014, 12:01 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

It was in one of the Owners Guides, complete with arrow pointing to underneath the Media Control centre..... I'll check again at the weekend.
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-28-2014, 03:41 PM

Buzby - no need to check again, you are absolutely right and I, too, was slightly miffed at this - also in fact I was expecting a small remote control unit for the stereo which has never shown up - has anyone ever had one of these? I suspect we have both been looking at the Fluence e-guide which must have gone out of date. Oh well, I can live with these niggles - off topic I saw 80kw briefly with my foot down uphill going into work today - now that's cooking! best, Chris
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-28-2014, 04:32 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Hiya Chris - yes, I found it again, I'm glad I wasn't hallucinating! Certainly, the book is full of warnings that not all features are available across all models - but I would gave thought a USB would have taken precedence over 2 x Phono Sockets! Still Bluetooth takes the stain, but I'd love the ability to charge without losing a 12v socket!
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-28-2014, 05:10 PM

Do you have a book for the stereo that you are looking at? I did not get one of those, only the manual for the car itself. I've downloaded one for the audio system and that includes various variations and options for different Megane models, so I'd not presume that all models have the features shown in that book.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-07-2014, 09:38 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

I didn't either.... Just the omnibus edition Drivers Handbook and the Carminat Guide!

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page