Fluence Keys - Renault Z.E. Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-06-2014, 11:40 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Fluence Keys

Dunno if I'm being dim.... Does everyone have the tri-button fob that lets you select Lock / Open / Boot Release?

The first 2 work as expected, but how do you get the boot to open? Nothing I do makes a blind bit of difference, and it stays shut (in either locked or unlocked stage depending on the rest of the doors.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-06-2014, 12:04 PM

RE: Fluence Keys

When the car is locked, the third button should 'unlock' the boot. Nothing will happen because it is an electric lock, so don't expect to hear a 'clunk' or anything. But you should find that you can then release the boot while the rest of the car remains locked. Means that neerdowells can't jump in while you're stuffing the shopping in the boot.

It is a little annoying that it doesn't have a 'shove-open' function so you can avoid fiddling with a grimy boot lid altogether.
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-06-2014, 12:44 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Ah! I was taken in with the icon showing the boot lid ajar - it was hissing down in Glasgow today and I could really have done with it popping open as I had to put all the stuff on the ground to open the boot.

(Mind you, this is an improvement over the Twizy, which struggled to squeeze anything other than a condom into it....).
post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-06-2014, 12:56 PM

Be careful that you lock it again as it appears to then stay unlocked indefinitely. I suppose it has to be that way as you might've left the key in the boot, which would be bad news if it locked as soon as you closed it again!

The indicators flash once that the boot has unlocked, and twice when it locks again. You can also lock it on the main system lock button, but that will actually undo the deadlocking if you have set that.
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-06-2014, 01:10 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Thanks very much for that - not intuitive, but does exactly as you say!
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-06-2014, 06:15 PM
Eep

It's also annoying that there is no grab area to swing the boot lid shut from inside, meaning you have to leave a pawprint in the dirt to do so instead.

Took delivery of mine this morning.

Need car mats though. Can I buy standard Mégane ones, or do I need specific Fluence ones from eBay France or something?
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-06-2014, 06:32 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Yay! Congrats - what colour?

Shame about the Mats - why on earth would they remove the standard mats? I wouldn't bother trying to get official ones. There's a bespoke firm that makes superb quality mats for all car types. I got a set for my Espace and they were superb. £65 and as thick as 2 fingers!
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-06-2014, 06:45 PM

VM original car mats are often surprisingly cheap, and come with a 'proper' warranty you can hang them on.

I reach up to the silvered part, rather than touch the paint work (that will probably scratch it). I have also strung a handle across the two rivet holes in the boot liner, which can help lower it but you have to be careful not to pull so hard that it pulls the trim rivets out!

I did try removing one of the support struts so it would fall and close of its own accord once over its natural tipping point. It does, but the boot then sinks (when closed) on the side where the strut is absent and makes it look wonky, because there is a natural pressure in the closed state too which lifts the boot up against the lock position.
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-06-2014, 06:52 PM
Eep

Aren't you the tinkerer, eh

Not sure I understand the reference to 'VM original' mats?

There are some OEM ones listed on eBay, like so:

4 tapis de Sol Noir Fluence Standard LOGO Renault Original OEM Neuf!
http://www.ebay.fr/itm/151215408237

Buzby, care to share the name of your mat supplier please? They may yet be a better bet!

PS Energy Blue. And will share some more info about my car at the weekend, once I've had a chance for it all to soak in. Thoroughly impressed so far though.
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-07-2014, 04:24 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

I got my mats from this seller:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/np-autopar...84.m1439.l2754
(Np-auto parts - if the link fails). On checking, I paid £99 incl postage but the quality (and plushness) is superb. They even sent me a paper template to check the sizing to ensure I had the right variation (some had locating holes, others didn't).

Good colour choice of car - I find the silver and white variants a bit boring! As for the learning cure, those manuals are a headache - but I do recommend the TomTom map upgrade. The new maps are good and I'm still enjoying the traffic jam avoidance messages! (map u/g cost £68 with discount).

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page