2014 reg Fluence - Renault Z.E. Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-15-2014, 05:11 AM Thread Starter

2014 reg Fluence

Just starting my replacement car search, so browsing on the Renault.co.UK used car search.

Looks like Evans Halshaw are selling two Jan 14 63 reg zero mileage fluences.

Waiting for a call back from them to confirm prices.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-15-2014, 05:28 AM

RE: 2014 reg Fluence

I've just done a quick search based on my postcode in Cambridgeshire and come up with two similar cars at Wests in Cambridge. Perhaps they are the same two cars that are in the Renault network somewhere.

It would be fantastic to get one of those at anything like the recent prices for the nearly-new cars.
post #3 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-15-2014, 05:49 AM

The two cars you mention, one in Energy blue and one in Eclipse, are at Renault Wholesale which appears to be in Upper Heyford, 9 miles from me. My original purchase came from Renault's Press Fleet also located there. However, as ElectricDave has also found them close to him, maybe Renault are playing a trick here and pretending they're close to anyone who's interested?

You're right in that they are being described as January 2014, 1 mile. However they are NOT being sold as NEW and they ONLY HAVE 3 MONTHS WARRANTY!!!!! That would worry me greatly.

I hope they're not related to my white car..... - tread carefully.
post #4 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-15-2014, 06:00 AM

I think they're just the same two cars just showing up at whichever outlet is closes to ones postcode. One of the cars I'm seeing is HK63 YHM - is that one of the ones that others are seeing?
post #5 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-15-2014, 06:10 AM

Yes, same cars - or at least the same photos. Would you forgo a 4 year warranty for 3 months only? Buying a year old car from a dealer you still get the remaining 3 years, and the support of that dealer if (when) things go wrong. Buying through wholesale, I guess, is like buying "trade", no comeback or support after that 3 months.
post #6 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-15-2014, 06:48 AM

It's really confusing, the state of Fluence. I worry that if I hand back my current Fluence at end of the year and look for a 'better' deal, then all the Fluences will be gone. I can imagine RCI trying to lever way over market price if I want to keep what I have. Or there again, maybe they will be happy to get rid at any price. I can't figure it at all. It is hardly surprising that Fluence doesn't appeal to a 2nd hand market when actual owners feel vulnerable about the state of the market for them.

Seems a pretty good time to buy, really, so long as you're prepared to take the risk. Despite what all the Leafsters say, the Fluence is such a superior car it's not even funny, though I will agree with them that the lack of rapid charging is a clear set-back in most people's estimations of what they think they need in an EV.
post #7 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-15-2014, 07:38 AM Thread Starter

Looks like they are 10,100.

Changed my postcode to MK1 and the POA changed to 10,100.

Good price _- _but 3k extra for the sake of a couple of thousand miles (and no leather) make it hard to justify.
post #8 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-15-2014, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelee
Looks like they are 10,100.

Changed my postcode to MK1 and the POA changed to 10,100.

Good price _- _but 3k extra for the sake of a couple of thousand miles (and no leather) make it hard to justify.
Zelee, don't forget the 3 month warranty
post #9 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-15-2014, 08:23 AM

Inc. battery!?!?
post #10 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-15-2014, 08:32 AM
Eep

They would have some trouble arguing that any car they sold had so little warranty. If for example you made a claim at six months, under the Sale of Goods Act it would still be up to the retailer to prove that the car was of satisfactory quality and fit for purpose. Admittedly the outcome of this would depend on what exactly had gone wrong, and how much the dealer wanted to appease you, but the law would still be tipped in your favour if it ever came to that.

I'm in two minds. On the one hand it's a low mileage Fluence with all that entails. On the other it's a poorly supported niche product with virtually no warranty. And fwiw, my experience of Evans Halshaw is that they're not a company you'd want to do business with twice.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page