Just how many of the things are there? - Renault Z.E. Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 41 (permalink) Old 03-18-2014, 09:57 AM Thread Starter

Just how many of the things are there?

Haven't seen this one before - a white Expression + (although the pics don't seem to be correct)

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classifi...tric?logcode=p

A month or two back, I had the feeling the supply was finally drying up, but extra cars just seem to keep on coming out of the woodwork.

All very strange!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 41 (permalink) Old 03-18-2014, 10:02 AM

RE: Just how many of the things are there?

There are 56 in the country, and as far as we know we are the extent of the private ownership. The rest are in the hands of demonstrator teams, some were made available to rental companies, and some with local authorities. Presumably, we're currently seeing a flush of cars that were contracted out for 2 years, and we'll no doubt see another flush of those out under 3 year contracts. (Mine will be one that will head back as a '3 year old' car at the end of the PCP.)
post #3 of 41 (permalink) Old 03-18-2014, 11:03 AM
Super Moderator

I think the price reflects the 500m, but I agree, the pics are of the vehicle up for sale in January and they've blotted out gage VRM (badly).
post #4 of 41 (permalink) Old 03-18-2014, 11:35 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzby
I think the price reflects the 500m, but I agree, the pics are of the vehicle up for sale in January and they've blotted out gage VRM (badly).
Yes, a quarter of a century into the age of Photoshop and some people still seem to be using Tippex for that sort of thing!
post #5 of 41 (permalink) Old 03-18-2014, 11:58 AM

I don't mind them using stock photos but they might have used ones for the correct model. Foglights - no. Wheels - not alloys. Door handles - not body coloured. Rubbing strip - not body coloured. But then, with only 2 Expressions on the road the other one being blue, I guess they had a problem. I guess it also means they haven't actually got their hands on the car yet.
post #6 of 41 (permalink) Old 03-18-2014, 12:01 PM

My Fluence remained on autotrader and renault.co.uk for about 4 months after I had it (I began wondering if there was something I didn't know about it!!). I think they were just using it to attract interest in the remaining Fluences.
post #7 of 41 (permalink) Old 03-18-2014, 12:03 PM

Having just checked HowManyLeft the last figures suggest only ONE Expreession registered on the road and NONE Sorn. So where has this one come from? A black hole?
post #8 of 41 (permalink) Old 03-18-2014, 01:36 PM
Eep

Mine is the sole Expression+, and very nice its cloth seats are thank you :P

As has already been mentioned, the image on Auto Trader is patently not of an Expression+ as I know it. While it is possible to have the satnav (mine has it as an option), the seats look like leather or half leather (though that might be a moiré pattern, can't be certain) and the steering wheel is definitely leather too. Not exactly hallmarks of the model.

But cheap - cheaper than wot I paid, and I thought mine was pretty well priced. Not Paul's old one is it? Was his an Expression+? Though that all kicked off before I was here.
post #9 of 41 (permalink) Old 03-18-2014, 04:09 PM

Eep, it looks like your car's rarity value might be just about to halve as you have competition, unless Manchester don't know their Expressions from their Dynamiques. Paul's white one (we all wonder where that's gone to) was a Dynamique though I understand he originally had planned to buy an Expression that was white! If this one up for sale is the same one then it's been sitting around for over a year, hidden from DVLA. The plot thickens.
post #10 of 41 (permalink) Old 03-18-2014, 04:24 PM Thread Starter

Where is Paul, by the way?

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page