First Service (HELP!!) - Renault Z.E. Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 79 (permalink) Old 03-20-2014, 07:40 AM Thread Starter

First Service (HELP!!)

Just booked my car in for its first service

Dealer has told me that will be 150 of my hard earned cash.

I specifically asked when I purchased the car whether the 4+ package was included and was also under the impression it was standard in all Renault Z.E vehicles?

Anyone had a similar experience. I am trying to find some old sales documentation that specifically mentioned the deal being include with Z.E vehicles.

It was a Renault Retail Direct Vehicle

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 79 (permalink) Old 03-20-2014, 07:45 AM

RE: First Service (HELP!!)

No, I did argue it myself as I have an 'undated' document saying exactly the same thing. But 4+ only ran from March '12 so if, like me, you got a 'pre-launch' '61' vehicle [Fluence was officially launched March '12 in UK] then yes there is a charge (another cash saving for those who managed to get a '12 - so much for being an early entrant!!).

But you should question that charge. I paid 88, which, though not itemised, I believe consisted of a half hour inspection and a charge for replacement of the battery filter (scheduled every 2 years - though I have only heard it run twice so I imagine it was as clean as a new one). 150 is the standard Renault service charge, and therefore is not the one for EVs. In fact, I only pay 125 for my Espace III, which I have on a monthly plan payment and includes MoT.

There are a number of recalls to do to. Brake ECU and pump (they did not have my pump in, so it is still a further job to do), and HVAC wiring. Make sure they are aware/has been done.

Empty the boot and take out any child seats when you take the car, as this is needed for access to the battery.
post #3 of 79 (permalink) Old 03-20-2014, 08:19 AM

I should be in luck. My first, white car came with the full 4+ Renault warranty on a 12 plate. Blue came with absolutely no documentation but being June 2012 should also be free. But time will tell, 3 months before I see how alert the dealers are. I also don't know what recall work has been done on Blue, I would hope everything!

All I am left to decide is where to have it serviced. Oxford, who treated me like dirt when I had to be recovered to them, and Milton Keynes who left White in a right state after repair. I ended up rejecting the vehicle and never saw it again. Great choice, eh?
post #4 of 79 (permalink) Old 03-20-2014, 08:56 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by donald
No, I did argue it myself as I have an 'undated' document saying exactly the same thing. But 4+ only ran from March '12 so if, like me, you got a 'pre-launch' '61' vehicle [Fluence was officially launched March '12 in UK] then yes there is a charge (another cash saving for those who managed to get a '12 - so much for being an early entrant!!).

But you should question that charge. I paid 88, which, though not itemised, I believe consisted of a half hour inspection and a charge for replacement of the battery filter (scheduled every 2 years - though I have only heard it run twice so I imagine it was as clean as a new one). 150 is the standard Renault service charge, and therefore is not the one for EVs. In fact, I only pay 125 for my Espace III, which I have on a monthly plan payment and includes MoT.

There are a number of recalls to do to. Brake ECU and pump (they did not have my pump in, so it is still a further job to do), and HVAC wiring. Make sure they are aware/has been done.

Empty the boot and take out any child seats when you take the car, as this is needed for access to the battery.
Donald, I have the 12 plate car registered 1/3/12. Is it a 'general' undated document you have or is it specific to your car. I am sure I read it somewhere but now can't find any evidence to PROVE what I read. The latest Fluence brochure is 2012. All the recall stuff has been done. It is just that the computer says NO with regard to the service. The dealer needs to be paid for his time so refusing to start service until he is clear who is paying!!

post #5 of 79 (permalink) Old 03-20-2014, 09:09 AM

I have the Renault Electric Vehicle Range Price Guide dated February 2012 that has a whole page about the 4+ Service. Interestingly it gives the service interval for the Fluence as 18000 miles or 1 year, as does the July 2012 Brochure for the Fluence.
post #6 of 79 (permalink) Old 03-20-2014, 09:11 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by william
I have the Renault Electric Vehicle Range Price Guide dated February 2012 that has a whole page about the 4+ Service. Interestingly it gives the service interval for the Fluence as 18000 miles or 1 year, as does the July 2012 Brochure for the Fluence.
Do you have a link to that and does it mention FREE servicing

post #7 of 79 (permalink) Old 03-20-2014, 09:45 AM

Yes, I believe there were documents saying this before 1st March 2012, but as they weren't taking orders for ZE cars being delivered before that date, at that point, I can see why there are such documents even if the press fleet was not covered in the same way.

I did argue it, and maybe I'll argue it again, but if yours is a 1st March 2012 car it should get the full 4+ servicing and warranty package. Tell them you think they are wrong, and you'd like to see a response from Renault Customer Services in writing that they have checked for themselves.

I would not be surprised if there is a mismatch between what it says 'on the computer' and the actual world of 'Fluence' seeing as there are next to none of them about.
post #8 of 79 (permalink) Old 03-20-2014, 10:30 AM Thread Starter

Already on the case with Renault Customer Services. Just wish I could find that **** sales paperwork I read!!

As the majority of the ex-demonstrators were sold via renaultretailgroup (whether London, Manchester or Leicester) either ALL the 12 plates have the servicing included or they don't, so it will be interesting to see what happens to others. I specifically went with Renault Retail and avoided the ones in the car supermarkets just to avoid these type of issues!!

The latest sales paperwork mentions the servicing being an option at the point the car is registered. So not surprising the package was not included as they were Renault's own cars.

I'll keep you updated!!
post #9 of 79 (permalink) Old 03-20-2014, 10:42 AM

The February 2012 Price Guide is actually dated 3rd. February on the cover. The Renault 4+ scheme covers servicing as one of the "4".
Below are two verbatim quotes from the price list:

"Your new Renault is covered for 4 years" *
* For vehicles ordered and registered from 1st. February, 2012

"SERVICING
Service Offer covers cars for 4 years or 48000 miles (whichever comes first) and is available at point of new vehicle registration. Services must be carried out in line with manufacturer's servicing intervals, and can be carried out at any Renault dealer."

Service intervals: Fluence - every 18000 miles / 1 year (I was under the impression it was 2 years)

DOES IT HELP? NO IT DOESN'T

JUST FOUND ON A RENAULT WEBSITE THAT THE SERVICING IS FREE WITH THEIR FINANCE OFFER OR A 299 ADD-ON
THEY DIDN'T MENTION THAT IN THE BROCHURE OR THE PRICE LIST SO I DOUBT THEY CAN ENFORCE IT
My white car was advertised as coming with Renault's 4+ warranty and service package

Hope this throws light on the matter
post #10 of 79 (permalink) Old 03-20-2014, 12:24 PM

My understanding is that ALL Fluences are covered by the 4+ warranty. Even my "old" Fluence which was registered 31/1/12 came under this, although officially, it only covers cars registered on or after 1/2/12.

The 4+ servicing only appears to kick in if the car was bought from Renault new by a none business customer.

I specifically asked about this last weekend at Renault Manchester when I ordered my new (12 reg) Fluence - which again, isn't covered by the servicing deal.

Regarding servicing cost, my local ZE dealer is Evans Halshaw, who despite the bad press, looked after my Fluence when it went in for the recalls -although I didn't have it long enough to have a service !!

I enquired about a service plan, but was told it was a waste of time, as the "maximum service charge would be 65..."

They also gave me a printout regarding serviicing schedules. There's hardly anything that needs doing -and the only consumables are a pollen filter, and a traction motor filter every 24 months.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page