Now we see why the 63 reg are for sale... - Renault Z.E. Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-25-2014, 04:08 PM Thread Starter

Now we see why the 63 reg are for sale...

If you take a look at renault.co.uk, you will now find that the Fluence is no longer listed.

I'm really sad. Pulling into my driveway the last couple of days I was thinking that I do not really ever want to by a non-EV again, but equally I do not find any of the other current EVs particularly appealing. You guys are secure in knowing you own the car, but they would be able to pull mine and scrap it like an EV-1.

...just checked on renault.fr ... also now deleted!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-25-2014, 04:19 PM

RE: Now we see why the 63 reg are for sale...

I feel exactly the same way - even if I can't use an EV as my only car I don't ever want to be without one in future. I'm a complete convert.

On the other hand nothing else out there offers the same likability and value as the Fluence.

One small comfort - it lives on as the Renault Samsung SM3 ZE in Korea!
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-25-2014, 05:17 PM Thread Starter

I did tend to think Renault would continue to import the SM3 and rebadge it. I guess not....
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-25-2014, 05:34 PM
Super Moderator

Well, we can't say we're not surprised - all the get info on your selected model, didn't work for the Fluence. Want a test drive? No dealer offered them! By comparison, the Zoe is a success, but it's not for me. The Twizy has no assured future either, but then does it matter? Indeed, the Fluence looks timeless (as does my Espace, which is also not available here either!) so I don't think it is an embarrassment to have one. (Indeed, as an ex-Twizy owner, I don't know the meaning of the word).

I assume the remaining 40 vehicles will - as businesses hand them back, hit the usual dealerships with higher-than-usual mileages. So I wouldn't lose hope.

Lastly, did we all get a a home charger unit ? If someone needs one, there's one up for sale on eBay for 45, and could be useful as a spare. It isn't the official brick - but a Type 1 > 13a lead with a smaller control box.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-25-2014, 07:06 PM
Eep

Quote:
Originally Posted by donald
You guys are secure in knowing you own the car, but they would be able to pull mine and scrap it like an EV-1.
Can you explain what you mean by that? What is different about your car that makes it un-ownable?
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-26-2014, 04:21 AM
Super Moderator

AIUI it is on a fixed-term lease, and he only has the right to use it, not own it. (Unless they offer this as an option on expiry).
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-26-2014, 07:10 AM Thread Starter

I do have an option to buy next Jan, but it would be 10,500 I would have to part with for that privilege, and I would not be so inclined to do so. When I bought, the predicted residuals were much higher. I'm even tempted to buy a second Fluence now and hand this one back in Jan, but equally if I hold on to Jan then Renault might simply want shot of the car and I get it back for a song. Who can tell in the crazy crazy world of the Renault Fluence!?

I am tempted to call Manchester and ask about the white Expression+. I like that car. I do not know how it works on finance such as this PCP if I want to trade it in for something else though, but maybe they can deal with that. I also have a battery rental to have to deal with of course.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-26-2014, 10:30 AM
Super Moderator

I wondered about a backup Fluence ZE (I have the space to store it) however Renault Manchester were very clear - no battery lease = no vehicle! and I'm not going down that route.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page