Windscreen wiper fitment? - Renault Z.E. Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-29-2014, 06:04 AM Thread Starter

Windscreen wiper fitment?

Does anyone know what the wiper fitment type is called, and what replacements to order? It is a bayonet type, but there seem to be different bayonet types too!

My wipers appear to be the originals and (as I advised others to get them checked before collecting car) seem to be softer than usual (quieter?) and have perished a little at their now +2 years age.

So I ordered some more (24" + 16") which are generic for Megane off ebay for a fiver. I got 'hook' types which I discovered do not fit the Fluence. No sweat, these will do nicely for the wife's Scenic which needs new wipers now.

But it seems that Megane III is specified with 'hook' type wipers. I notice that 'Clio' have the bayonet type, so I guess all I really need to know is that if I order a set of Clio bayonet 24"/16" wipers, will these be right for the Fluence?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-29-2014, 09:43 AM
Super Moderator

RE: Windscreen wiper fitment?

This website has always been my resource for fitting wiper blades - complete with pictures! Which do you have?

http://www.wiperblades.co.uk/fitting-instructions/
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-29-2014, 10:21 AM Thread Starter

RE: Windscreen wiper fitment?

None of those that I can tell.

It is real easy to take the wiper off, just lift the little lever under the wiper and then pull the wiper off the arm. You are left with a wiper arm that simply has a hole in it, which is what the lever locked into. Go take a look!

... like this ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1GViFvHJuz0

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page