RCI Financial Services - Renault Z.E. Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-29-2014, 09:09 AM Thread Starter

RCI Financial Services

It beggars belief how inefficient this organisation is!

My first car was returned at the beginning of last July and I was provided with my current car and RCI was fully informed about the change. When a revised contract appeared it suggested I had changed battery, not car so I complained (and complained) and was told it had been sorted.

Between July and November I have continued to receive invoices for the original car's registration and VIN. I also received one for January.

December, February and March paperwork never arrived but they took their direct debit.

Today, at the end of March, I have received an invoice for February! At last the invoice now has the correct registration number for the car, and a different battery serial number. BUT it still has the original car's VIN.

I presume, as the invoice has not matched the vehicle for 8 months I'm entitled to ask for my battery rental payments back, so I can start paying on the latest car once their paperwork is correct - and I don't mean backdating it!

However, if I upset them they might turn my battery off. Perhaps I should just grin and bear it and trust no-one ever wants to check the paperwork......
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-29-2014, 09:15 AM
Super Moderator

RE: RCI Financial Services

I don't believe they check (or even review) paperwork. Sloppiness aside, on my second contract I ensured the battery value field instead of being blank was 0.00. Was this picked up on? No prizes!

I have neither had any confirmation that my Twizy lease has been transferred or my new one is in place - and they don't reply to letters.

Nothing would surprise me!
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-29-2014, 10:03 AM

I have been the 'victim' of too many computer data issues that have sucked up too much of my life. I have a 'purposive' approach towards such things - if the end objectives are met then it doesn't matter what errors exist on someone else's computer so long as you have your own evidence trail of things (in case anyone comes back to you).

So in this case I would have let them carry on charging me against the old battery and let them catch up with the reality, if they ever did. Generally, it harms no-one to allow such scenarios to continue. Whilst they have no problems then you will waste a load of your time trying to correct the matter, which they will simply get wrong again (because they did before, so why have faith they'll do any better next time!?).

However, once they find they have a problem come up due to the erroneous data then they will be all too keen to get it corrected properly.

Being patient over matters beyond your direct control and allowing them to 'work themselves out' is an MO I strongly recommend, though I admit I often forget this myself and bring effort, cost and general disasters on my own head when I forget this mantra and try to drive solutions to problems that are only really problems for other people.
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-29-2014, 12:18 PM
Super Moderator

Just checked my bank - RCI have not only taken their 77 this month for the Fluence, but also 45 for the Twizy which went back a month ago AND was due a refund as I paid in advance. That's 90 they've had that they're not entitled to.

These cretins need a lesson.

I'm recalling the Twizy payment and cancelling their mandate immediately.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-29-2014, 02:50 PM

I am sure you would be in the right to do that, but I would advise against it because there may be T&Cs indicating that you do not have the authority to close it down until RCI approve it. For example, it might be to cover the scenario that they have time to check the battery for damage, or whatever.

Point is, you should write and say that if they do not close down and confirm the end of the agreement/direct debit, and if they fail to provide a refund, and if they don't do this all within 30 days then you will write again which will incur an administration cost for you. Pick your figure, I usually put 25 or 50, depending on how much trouble they have been. This cost will be well within a reasonable claim in the small claims court if they fail to act.

(I don't trust anyone to do anything any more, and presume that everything like this will end in a small claims action. That way, I am never disappointed and can only be pleased if it is settled early and doesn't get that far!!)
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-30-2014, 05:01 AM
Super Moderator

Two thoughts. Providing open access to your bank account requires absolute trust. My contract requires me to pay them for services rendered, NOT provide RCI with a free pass to take funds when they feel like it without agreement. As long as I pay what is owed, they have no complaint - they may not like it - but they have no valid complaint.

As for 'checking the battery' they are certainly entitled to do this - however I doubt they ever will, and this has no bearing on whether my payments should continue to be taken when the dealer has had the battery for over a month.

Afraid I dislike your idea of a tariff providing a scale of charges, but only for the reason that it is completely unenforceable in law (it requires an offer and acceptance) I may make the offer, but if they do not agree, I'm no further forward. BTDT with Sky at the SC court.

No, the reason I feel cheated, is I returned my Twizy on 25/2, and in a conversation with the RCI EV team on 19/2 was explicitly told that my battery payment was due on 24/2, but IF my payment was taken, they would refund it. One month on, not only did they not refund it, they took an additional payment, in addition to the new payment for the Fluence.

They may like the idea of grabbing what they can to obtain revenue, but if they do not similarly treat their customers fairly, they cannot be surprised when we kick off. Indeed there is no earthly requirement for a DD - it is a fixed amount, on a fixed date. They already have a track record of not replying to correspondence so I have no expectations of a quick resolution, hence my DDM reversal request to my bank.

If this is not resolved within the week, the remaining DD will also be cancelled and I'll set up a monthly BACS transfer for 77.00. I just will not tolerate such high-handedness when it comes to taking money.

post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-30-2014, 07:52 AM

I think it is an example of ambivalent incompetence rather than heavy handedness. But you need to do it the way you feel you need to. Unfortunately, I have already had to make a complaint direct to RCI head management myself, so I can't exactly offer words of comfort that you'll need to do anything less!
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-30-2014, 09:24 AM
Super Moderator

Can you imagine how the incompetence would snowball if there were more of us?
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-17-2014, 08:02 AM
Eep

Just to add to this, RCI have yet to take a payment from me and continually send me threatening letters and emails. I phone them up and get put through to someone who will establish what's going on and phone me back but... you guessed it, never do.

It's all going in writing now. They are crap.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-17-2014, 10:17 AM
Super Moderator

Keep copies - that's two letters I've sent to them that have already gone unanswered, with a third in preparation, I'm not confident.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page