Life without a Fluence - Renault Z.E. Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-14-2014, 03:58 AM Thread Starter

Life without a Fluence

Now that I am driving around in a hire Toyota Aygo shopping trolley I am aware of some differences;

1. The beast sounds like a rough old diesel with the pulling power of a rice pudding. Apparently under the flap (aka bonnet) there's a three cylinder petrol thing sobbing its heart out.

2. Once on the move the noisy diesel-like racket is completely drowned out by horrific road noise. It's so deafening I keep forgetting what gear I'm in, not that it makes much difference. I had forgotten just how quiet a Fluence is, not for lack of engine noise but for its insulation against road noise.

Come back, Fluence, I'm being deafened and I don't like it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-14-2014, 07:40 AM
Super Moderator

RE: Life without a Fluence

Renault might consider offering a counselling service?

I've taken steps to ensure if I'm in a similar situation I will not suffer withdrawal pains - I bought another Fluence.

(It's a 1:42 scale model in the same colour)
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-14-2014, 08:06 AM

I've just bought one too, from eBay.

I had to have one, but I was hesitating because they looked so pricey. When you said you'd bought yours, though, I leapt in because I was worried that the supply would dry up!
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-14-2014, 08:08 AM Thread Starter

But hang on, can you be sure these new models don't suffer all the same problems?
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-14-2014, 11:32 AM
Super Moderator

Well - it wasn't a rash purchase... I considered carefully all the options, found nobody was selling them cheaper, there was no requirement for a battery lease, and possibly best of all - they threw in an acrylic display case to keep it looking good!

To be honest, I always get a 1:42 scale model of any car I own (getting the Twizy was hard!) but I'm convinced when they run out, they'll not be any more!
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-14-2014, 12:10 PM Thread Starter

I used to run the Dolomite Sprint Register so of course I had to have a model, indeed the model was actually basid on MY car! Sadly, over the years the car has been involved in a few accidents while chuntering around the mantlepiece so could do with a bit of work. But like yours, it doesn't need a battery!
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-25-2014, 04:03 AM Thread Starter

Yesterday, while trundling around in my rental Aygo I found myself following a Mitsubishi iMiev into Bicester, an 09-reg one. It was moving quite swiftly, so 5 years on its owner must be delighted. 2009 was their launch year in the UK but sales peaked and dipped again pretty swiftly. There are also French re-badges of them but I've yet to come across one on my travels.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page