none on auto trader. - Renault Z.E. Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-25-2014, 05:35 PM Thread Starter

none on auto trader.

First time for 18 months that there are no Fluence ZEs left on autotrader.

I do wonder what RCI will do when my car hits 3 yrs old. I can see it being taken off me if there are so few around. Or will I get a bargain? Oh well...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-26-2014, 03:53 AM
Eep

RE: none on auto trader.

When does that moment arrive? You might find there are a few alternative models from a few more manufacturers available by then. The e-Golf for one.
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-26-2014, 04:02 AM

I've had the chance to drive the eGolf, and it's very good. Don't think there'll be much chance of finding a nearly new one for 7K, though!
post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-26-2014, 05:13 AM Thread Starter

Yeah. Price is the thing. I have parked up my diesel plodder in anticipation of a troublesome end-of-lease, which in practice is actually cheaper to run than the Fluence. Still have the issue of whether it will start again though, parked up for a year already! Thing is, it could be ideal in that I can go back to driving that for a year or two then, as suggested, have a bigger range of options to consider. That being said, I like the Fluence! Not sure we will see an affordable quality of EV again like that again for a decade, rather than a couple of years.

My main mental block on the Fluence is the warranty. Being a pre Mar/2012 it only has the 3 year warranty, so lease and warranty expire together. If the purchase price includes a further 3 year warranty then that's a different matter to whether I would want to keep new-tech that's out of warranty and offered it on take-it-or-leave-it.
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-26-2014, 07:06 AM
Eep

Quote:
Originally Posted by donald
which in practice is actually cheaper to run than the Fluence.
I think the more people cotton on to the fact that electric cars aren't free to run - which is what the marketing buffoons like to convince people is the case - then more buyers might be tempted to enjoy the many other benefits of EVs (a list I've made before, so won't repeat myself, suffice it to say that power delivery alone will win over many buyers). A surprising number of the people at work I've talked to about the car seem to think I bought it purely because it was a) ecologically sound and b) cheap to run. They look almost horrified when I say with a grin that it's enjoyable to drive and faster than your average anything away from the lights.
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-26-2014, 09:00 AM Thread Starter

I've absolutely no idea what the marketeers have in mind, partly because I have never seen any 'marketing'!!
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-29-2014, 06:33 AM

Still none on Autotrader, although Renault has one on its used car website. Does that mean the supply really has now all been absorbed?
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-03-2014, 06:52 AM

I recall back to when I first started looking at the Fluence in July/August 2013 when they were selling for 9k. I watched the price come down to 8k and took the plunge at the end of September that year. I remember there were 8 on Autotrader at that time and I thought to myself I better get in there quick as they won't last long at that price.

Took a bit longer than I anticipated for them to 'fly off the shelves'!!
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-09-2014, 06:30 PM
Super Moderator

You beat me by a couple of months. I was happy with my Twizy's uniqueness (and a pair of gloves!) until in January my aching neck was diagnosed by my doctor as a Twizy-itis. The right was too hard and I could not take the rattling without discomfort.

The search began for a replacement at the end of January, and the remaining Fluence's were at 7k, an unbelievable price. The race was then on to get the deal done and 25 days later I joined the club.

Still miss the Twizy though......
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-20-2014, 05:49 PM
Super Moderator

Yay! A Dynamique at 7k has been listed!

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page