Renault hire car - Renault Z.E. Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-31-2014, 04:58 AM Thread Starter

Renault hire car

My car's recent enforced excursion to the dealer was for three weeks and Renault provided a hire car (several, actually) to cover the period. That's good news, with tidy cars provided by Europcar (via the breakdown service) and Enterprise (through the dealer).

If anyone else has had a hire car provided, have you checked your credit card/bank statment? The car, I am assured by the dealer, should be provided at no cost whatsever to the customer yet my credit card statement revealed that Europcar charged my 19 and Enterprise 206. I was unaware of the former but Enterprise asked me how I wanted to handle the insurance and recommended using theirs, thus avoiding a huge penalty charge in the event of damage. More, they checked by phone with the dealer to confirm that this cost would be reimbursed by them, and this was agreed.

Ten days after raising the matter of the 206 with Enterprise and then with the dealer I am STILL 206 out of pocket! Enterprise say it's up to the dealer, the dealer agrees I shouldn't have to pay but won't reimburse me. I don't know whether Renault, the dealer or Enterprise is to blame but I am not. I didn't order the car so it's up to the others to sort the mess and give me my money immediately - or I shall raise a dispute with MBNA, my card company.

I do hope no-one else finds they too have been done in this way.

P.S. Just returned from Enterprise. The manager took the initiative and a refund is on its way! I'll leave you to guess who messed up. And this evening the car informed me that I'm due for a service in 30 days. That means the service interval is either 12 or 24 months. I see another hire car on the horizon....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-31-2014, 05:16 PM
Eep

RE: Renault hire car

Thanks for the heads-up.

Renault ownership is a complete joke; think of how many people must be suffering at their hands given the number of complaints resulting from only a tiny number of people on a small backwater forum.

I love the car but I won't be buying another Renault, ever.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-01-2014, 04:17 AM
Super Moderator

RE: Renault hire car

Well, despite warnings, this is my second. My Espace is now 10 years old and has been the most reliable vehicle I have ever owned. Some 4 months on with the Fluence and it seems to be the same (so far).

In both cases I have never dealr with Renault (although Espace recalls went smoothly). Only RCI drive me to distraction with an inability to process correspondence and act accordingly. But I imagine they are not alone.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page