First Fluence battery replacement. - Renault Z.E. Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 71 (permalink) Old 07-22-2014, 02:27 AM Thread Starter

First Fluence battery replacement.

On 'cruising' around some other EV forums I came across this (Ich hoffe, Ihr Deutsch ist gut!);

http://www.goingelectric.de/forum/re...1.html#p104820

axlk69 appears to come from Austria, where it can get very hot. (I know - I was passing through Vienna this time last year and it hit over 40C!)

and axlk69 is not the only one with battery loss. There is another thread where a few others are complaining:

http://www.goingelectric.de/forum/re...eit-t4165.html

also of interest:

"Bei EVTV ist auch das Spezifikationsblatt von Renault hinterlegt ( Achtung Confidential ) , hier ist unter Lebensdauer "5 years or 30MWh or 150000 km following warranty conditions" angeführt."

... http://www.goingelectric.de/forum/re...10.html#p73974

["EVTV cite the specification sheet Renault gave them (Confidential), for a lifetime under "5 years or 150000 km or 30MWh following warranty conditions".]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 71 (permalink) Old 07-22-2014, 05:22 AM
Banned

RE: First Fluence battery replacement.

Which translated to English means???
post #3 of 71 (permalink) Old 07-22-2014, 07:06 AM

I speak German - I'm out at the moment but I'll take a proper look at it later on and summarise/respond.
post #4 of 71 (permalink) Old 07-22-2014, 08:38 AM Thread Starter

It means he hit 16kWh and renault finally agreed to replace the battery, but not before the Renault gadget was trying to say the battery was good for 97% health. Unfortunately, their gadget appears to look for duff cells, but if they've all degraded simultaneously, it still thinks it's a good battery.

Clearly, though, if Renualt are planning for battery replacements in 5 years the a) they are not going to resist too much when you do need a replacement, and b) what a bargain the battery rental is!
post #5 of 71 (permalink) Old 07-22-2014, 09:21 AM

Also, strictly speaking, Renault seems ultimately to have insisted the swap is a question of goodwill ("Kulanz") rather than being done in terms of strict compliance with the lease.

It seems a bit strange that battery degradation is such an issue for these chaps when we don't seem to have any UK cases and have only really discussed this theoretically.
post #6 of 71 (permalink) Old 07-23-2014, 06:32 AM
Super Moderator

I still like the idea of rental. My electric bike needs a £4500 battery which will not happen, and the existing battery warranty covers the cells and I need to get them to Korea as both the dealer and manufacturer are no more.

Unlikely to happen to Renault, but at least these complainants are bring dealt with, AND the swap is not even a major hurdle having been designed for this at the outset.
post #7 of 71 (permalink) Old 07-24-2014, 04:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzby
My electric bike needs a £4500 battery
When you say electric bike are you talking scooter, motorbike, or bike? £4500 is a lot a battery is we are led to believe a Fluence battery is worth £8k.

I want one of these https://www.mission-motorcycles.com

But the wife says no
post #8 of 71 (permalink) Old 07-24-2014, 05:24 AM
Super Moderator

Motorbike - this one:

It's LiOn around 65% of the size of the Fluence pack, and runs in a linear fashion alibg the length of the chassis. At purchase, it was made clear the bike cost just £3k, the rest was for the battery!

They were right!
post #9 of 71 (permalink) Old 07-24-2014, 05:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzby
Motorbike - this one:

It's LiOn around 65% of the size of the Fluence pack, and runs in a linear fashion alibg the length of the chassis. At purchase, it was made clear the bike cost just £3k, the rest was for the battery!

They were right!
OK and your battery is now knackered
post #10 of 71 (permalink) Old 07-24-2014, 07:40 AM
Super Moderator

Only 82% knackered. On a full charge I can get 8 miles instead of 68 (at best). Perceived wisdom is that it is most likely 2 or 3 dud cells with the rest of the pack being fine. I even sourced spare cells, but have no ability to swap them safely.

If I'd a battery lease, I'd be smiling.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page