UK owners please try this and report back

1. USING ZE SERVICES IN THE CAR

I want to check if all our (UK) cars suffer the same problem:

On the satnav:
Go to MENU
select ZE SERVICES
select SEARCH BY AVAILABILITY
wait for it to search

Do you get the message ZE SERVICES ARE NOT AVAILABLE IN THIS COUNTRY? Please report back here.

It does seem strange to me that there is an English "guided tour" on how to use the services yet the services themselves are not functioning. Maybe there's some crafty dodge to make them work.

It appears even some (?) Zoe owners get this message. I asked my dealer and he said I needed to go to the R-Link helpline. Surely only Zoes have the R-Link system?

2. TYRE PRESSURES

Checking the documentation I received after my service I see that tyre pressures have been set to 26 front and 30 rear.

According to the label on the car these figures are absolute rubbish, and should be 38 front and 43 rear.

Please will everyone who's had documentation after a service check and see if their dealer has made the same mistake.

I must admit the tyres don't look flat but I did feel that the car was less positive in corners and felt a little soggy. If they have altered my pressures to their figures that would explain a lot.

3. TRIP MILEAGE

In the onboard computer, when I reset the "distance" reading to zero the range reading reverts from being a realistic estimate (based on recent driving) to a nonsense figure. It doesn't seem to matter whether I reset the distance before or after a charge. For example, an indicated range of 93 changed to 68 on resetting distance to zero, and any subsequent readings were thus way out.

Neither of my cars used to do this, it has started happening since the computers on the current car were replaced by the dealer. ? Do we all suffer from this?
I know I could go to the mileometer readout and reset the trip reading there but it's far more comvenient to flip the readout between range and distance gone, which are adjacent.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-26-2014, 05:32 AM

RE: UK owners please try this and report back

Quote:
Originally Posted by william
1. USING ZE SERVICES IN THE CAR
To try to use it in the car is your first mistake!

Quote:
2. TYRE PRESSURES

Checking the documentation I received after my service I see that tyre pressures have been set to 26 front and 30 rear.
They're idiots and you should complain. Either they set them to those pressures, in which case they've idiots for doing that, or they didn't set them to those pressures in which case they are idiots for saying they have.

Quote:
3. TRIP MILEAGE

In the onboard computer, when I reset the "distance" reading to zero .... Do we all suffer from this?
I don't use the 'range' feature at all because it tells you a big fat zero about how you should/can drive to reach your destination.

In other words, you can get 10 miles per octal driving modestly, and 12 driving like an angel or 8 miles driving like a devil. If it says your range is, say, 50 miles and you have a 40 mile journey, does that mean you can drive like a devil and still get there, or have to drive like an angel?

I am genuinely surprised anyone would seriously use that when there is a huge big SOC meter on the dashboard telling you everything you need to know. If I have 5 octals, I know I can't reliably do my 40 mile journey with fast driving and, eg, will have to stick to 60-65 on the motorways, but if I have 6 I know I can get to full motorway speeds no problem.

I'd strongly urge you to forget the range meter, it is for ICE-convertees. You need to get used to your SOC and then you can modify your driving style during the drive itself according to your actual battery state to best accomplish the journey.
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-27-2014, 03:17 AM Thread Starter

Thanks Donald, I can't criticise your coclusions but they don't help me assess whether all our cars have the same faults. Our case for getting things sorted would be far stronger if we could agree on what items are wrong.

As I have reported on another post I ran my battery down to 9 miles left yesterday yet the computer swears blind I have only consumed 15 kw. Another mystery unless my battery is dying.
post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-27-2014, 04:03 AM

So, I presume you reset on a full battery and you're saying the 'consumption' meter reads '15kW'? What was the mi/kWh reading?
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-27-2014, 04:13 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by donald
So, I presume you reset on a full battery and you're saying the 'consumption' meter reads '15kW'? What was the mi/kWh reading?
Donald, consumption rate was 5.59m/kwh. Calculating, this gives an expected mileage of 84-89 from 15-16kw while I actually achieved 96 miles (or 17kw used).
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-27-2014, 04:32 AM

If you've achieved 96 miles with 9 miles indicated as remaining (and you get a couple of miles beyond that too, see my earlier post), then you're looking at over 105 miles on a charge. Are you really wanting to argue the battery is not up to scratch, or your gauges aren't accurate? I can agree the gauges aren't that accurate, but if you stick a 10% margin of inaccuracy on them, then that indicated 15.9kW used could become 17.5kW. I don't think you should expect a dash gauge accuracy better than that and I'd not see a reason to be asking Renault about such a thing.

In regards the tyre pressures, I have not had the problem of dealers getting the wrong pressures. I think they left well alone. I have, incidentally, tried higher and lower pressures myself to see the effect, and normally I do tend to run cars with slightly higher pressures than recommended, but in this case I think the 30/44psi are ideal pressures for the car.

As for ZE services - were they ever intended to work, and what good would it serve if they did? The whole thing sounds like bling and salespitch to me. I'm happy to confirm mine doesn't work, but I've no issue with it.

More useful would be to know how to make it so that I don't have to press the 'I agree' button to the sat nav every time I want the radio on!!
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-27-2014, 07:20 AM
Super Moderator

Ignore it. The 'Agree' notice is time limited and disappears - indeed, I don't even notice it now.
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-27-2014, 07:47 AM Thread Starter

Interesting, Busby, I'm not normally that patient. Nor do I normally bother with the radio, I enjoy the peace and quiet.

Donald, I'm not arguing that my car isn't up to scratch, I'm just perplexed by the computer readouts which give every indication of being programmed correctly. If we didn't have such readouts in the car we'd look at the trip meter, see 99 miles and think: "That's good". As for tyre pressures I prefer to set them 2psi above official figures to allow for drift downwards over time.
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-28-2014, 07:28 AM

Quote:

3. TRIP MILEAGE

In the onboard computer, when I reset the "distance" reading to zero the range reading reverts from being a realistic estimate (based on recent driving) to a nonsense figure. It doesn't seem to matter whether I reset the distance before or after a charge. For example, an indicated range of 93 changed to 68 on resetting distance to zero, and any subsequent readings were thus way out.

Neither of my cars used to do this, it has started happening since the computers on the current car were replaced by the dealer. ? Do we all suffer from this?
I know I could go to the mileometer readout and reset the trip reading there but it's far more comvenient to flip the readout between range and distance gone, which are adjacent.
I have not reset ANYTHING since I got the car because like Donald I only really use the SOC really and when my last service is due. From the manual though I know the range meter works on the last 125 miles of driving. When you reset the distance I don't know if recalculates the 125 from that point?

To quote from page 1.62 of the manual I have;

'Estimated range with remaining energy.
Value estimated based on average energy usage over the last 125 miles(200 km)'

As Donald says though it is really irrelevant. I drove 45 miles to a friends house at 50mph all the way and got there with half a battery. He obliged and let me charge up to 91%. I must have thought I was on the autobahn on the way home and arrived back with the 20sec warning bleep. Thus estimated range is completely irrelevant and that was only in a SINGLE DAY.

That said however, as my usual day is a boring 30 miles round trip 90% motorway commute my summer range as displayed by the on board is usually bang on at about 65 miles. So is you drive the same way/route every day and have your cabin temperature on AUTO (I have done since getting the car) I would have some confidence in it.
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-29-2014, 10:56 PM

To try to use it in the car is your first mistake!o use it in the car is your first mistake! Here is the manual I have found on the Internet:

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page