Good News - Renault Z.E. Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-05-2014, 03:38 AM Thread Starter

Good News

It is said that good news comes in threes. Well I can only offer two but I'm holding my breath hoping for a third one.

For the first time this year (and I know you folk don't take any notice of the onboard computer's fantasies) I am informed that my available range on the latest charge is 103.8 miles. It may not prove true but at least it cheered me up.

The second bit of good news came with the arrival of my renewal notice for insurance. The premiun has gone down from 205.44 to 201.25. At this rate, in 49 years (assuming no claims) I will have free insurance! Something to look forward to.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-06-2014, 03:17 PM
Super Moderator

RE: Good News

Congrats on the first point - but on the second? I'm suspicious by nature, so if you were offered a 4 discount as a rollover renewal, I betcha the rate has actually fallen considerably more. I'd get quotes from Aviva and Adrian Flux too!
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-06-2014, 04:50 PM

Heard quite a few people recommending them for EVs, though I've stuck with privilege/direct line so far as I did not suppose AF would beat them. Mine did actually go up this year, from 188 last year to 205 this. DL actually came up with a 380 renewal (from 188!!??? ), but I just went back on line and privilege came back with 205 - same underwriter, virtually the same company. I don't get it.

I've just taken out a policy with Adrian Flux today, for another car. Now that I have tried AF, I say they do seem to try hard to get the best quote for you, more than others. Today's insurance was for a different car, but thought I'd give 'em a go. My AF call handler went away for a while and discussed with underwriters, came back with a competition-beating premium.

On the subject of mileage, I don't quite seem to get the same mileage as last summer. I am tending to think I can see a little battery degradation, but to be fair only very slight, if at all.
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-07-2014, 02:41 AM
Super Moderator

I've noticed when they (AF) price match, the usual 30 policy administration fee is the first casualty. They do promise to beat any valid quote and my renewal with a 2k mileage limit was not enough. Asking for 8k, the revised price was 30 more than Aviva (as a new customer).

On providing them with the quote, they matched it and I noticed my administration fee was now 0.00 !
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-07-2014, 03:24 AM

That's what I was told - 'fees' had been deducted to get the premium I got.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page