EV logging app - Renault Z.E. Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-18-2014, 11:46 AM Thread Starter

EV logging app

Found this on my trawls on the internet

http://www.mycarma.com/products/myev/

It is essentially a unit that plugs into the cars ODB port (the thingy the garage plugs into to do the diagnostics) and then uploads all the data to a smartphone. (Sorry Donald you would need to upgrade!!)

No costs yet as it launches in October. No specific mention of Fluence compatibility either but it works with Zoe and Kangoo so I am hopeful.

Possibly the most useful feature is that it lets you configure a 'user-group' so you can monitor your cars performance against that of your peers. In the example they use a Chevy Volt. With various 'measurables' available to compare I though it may be useful in the event of a battery claim. In fact 'battery health' is one of the parameters

Food for thought. I have contacted them to enquire with regard to Fluence compatibility.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-18-2014, 03:28 PM
Super Moderator

RE: EV logging app

Does look good - I had hear about it but had no idea who was behind it.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-27-2014, 03:26 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by electricdream

Food for thought. I have contacted them to enquire with regard to Fluence compatibility.
Just got word back that unit is now compatible with Fluence. They will be updating the website to reflect this soon. Keeping an eye on the October release date now to see if I can get a cost?
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-27-2014, 03:31 AM
Super Moderator

I'd hold off for the moment. They are sending me a demo unit to try as there was some doubt as to whether the Zoe or Kangoo ZE protocols were identical or might cause issues if they adopted one or other as the base protocol. I'll know more in a week or so.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-27-2014, 03:37 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzby
I'd hold off for the moment. They are sending me a demo unit to try as there was some doubt as to whether the Zoe or Kangoo ZE protocols were identical or might cause issues if they adopted one or other as the base protocol. I'll know more in a week or so.
OK great, I was going to suggest they send me a trial one as well. I think the Kangoo will be very similar to the Fluence. Similar basic instrumentation and derived from an ICE vehicle.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-27-2014, 02:35 PM
Super Moderator

Wilco - I'll update the thread when there's anything to report!

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page