Who are 'Renault ZE Assistance' and how do you contact them? - Renault Z.E. Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-30-2014, 07:22 AM Thread Starter

Who are 'Renault ZE Assistance' and how do you contact them?

So the number and details in the battery rental agreement go through to AXA assistance, who have nothing to do with all the other provisions that Renault ZE Assistance provide.

So who do you ask about the other stuff?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-30-2014, 11:36 AM

RE: Who are 'Renault ZE Assistance' and how do you contact them?

Each time I have called for assistance I have had to contact AXA Assistance (Renault used to use the AA and this appears in some of their literature). I have a sticker on my windscreen with their number. Someone said the other day that it had changed again to the RAC. All very confusing. Incidentally AXA do not use their own transport, relying on sending out a local firm with a flat bed. For me they have always arrived pretty close to the one hour target, and they HAVE been aware that they were picking up an EV. Even if your car runs, the driver will probably insist on hoisting the car onto the flatbed rather than it being driven, that's my experience.

By the way, getting your car out of the drive should be easy as there is a tow hitch point in the rear bumper, and the necessary gubbins is part of the toolkit.

Accident assistance may not be treated similarly as there are separate terms and conditions for the two. Breakdown replacement car is ICE, accident cover should be an EV - or have I dreamt that?

Or are you thinking of some other form of ZE assistance? Can you elucidate?
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-30-2014, 12:16 PM Thread Starter

The battery terms include "Incidental transport expenses
Renault ZE Assistance shall be responsible for all transfer expenses between railway stations, airports, hotels, the
Beneficiary?s Home, and the location at which the Vehicle was kept for repairs."

So I was asking how it works when they return the vehicle to me, and they said 'nuthin to do with us. Our work stops when the car's dropped at the garage'.

So there is 'another entity', other than the people you call up on the number in the battery terms, that are the 'ZE assist' and who are responsible for more than just coming to collect your car.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-31-2014, 03:58 AM

Yeah, AXA will sinply deliver the car to the dealer, then it's over to them. I bet they haven't even heard of ZE Assist, but I don't think you need to worry on that score, the dealer will have to accept full responsibility leaving you free to panic over when you will ever see your beloved car back again functioning as intended. I've given up worrying about the finer details, after all, no-one else seems to worry. The whole system was never geared up to handling these cars and they probably make it up as they go along.

I wonder if other manufacturers act similarly. Perusing the Leaf forums I reckon I can think of one more that behaves in the same way.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page