Another new error message. - Renault Z.E. Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-21-2014, 03:42 PM Thread Starter

Another new error message.

Had left the fluence unplugged at home for just over a week while away on holiday. Drove her down to Tesco (6 miles) to get a few bits on the way back the following message pops up "impossible to charge battery". No impact in performance, drive home turn her off leave for a few hours hoping the error will clear. Turn back on and the message remains.

I have attempted plugging in using my wall box and the charge won't initiate.

Off to the dealer tomorrow then.......
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-21-2014, 06:40 PM

RE: Another new error message.

Are you all paid up on your battery rentals? Or more importantly, do RCI know that you are paid up?

Sounds like it could be a message from the connected services people, who have the power to remotely prevent you charging.

Is it a dash board error, or a message that comes up on the sat nav? If it is the latter, then it's definitely something the dealer will struggle with, on the spot.

Either way, I'd make some phone calls first before wasting time going to the dealer.
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-21-2014, 07:19 PM Thread Starter

Funny you should mention it Donald. It was in fact I who contacted RCI earlier in the month regarding my battery rental after I noticed that they had not been taking the direct debit from my bank acc dating back to the start of my contract 6 months ago despite all the paperwork being submitted to them by a Renault Leicester.

They didn't seem surprised by their oversight and I was told they would write off the outstanding balance and I would start paying this month. They also requested i sign and return another copy of my agreement ( original start date ) which I have done and they have confirmed receipt of.

Its a dash message FYI.
post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-22-2014, 01:46 AM

That'll learn yer t'go paying for summut no-one was asking for!

Of course, it was the right thing, but when RCI get involved everything goes around in circles for a while.

My strong advice would be to call Renault UK first and make sure they are aware. Obviously, I don't know what the cause of the charging issue is, but whatever falls out of it, whether a contract issue or a warranty issue, I have found Renault UK to, actually, be very helpful (even, dare I say, showing concern!) and once they are set in motion then they might have some leverage to ensure any still stuff from RCI is dealt with, or whatever additional 'encouragements' the dealer might need to resolve quickly.
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-30-2014, 07:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azc007
Had left the fluence unplugged at home for just over a week while away on holiday. Drove her down to Tesco (6 miles) to get a few bits on the way back the following message pops up "impossible to charge battery". No impact in performance, drive home turn her off leave for a few hours hoping the error will clear. Turn back on and the message remains.

I have attempted plugging in using my wall box and the charge won't initiate.

Off to the dealer tomorrow then.......
I had that about 2 months after getting the car. Had cleared in time for my night time charge never saw it again. I did ask the dealer to check it out though and they could find no issue. The mechanic did tell me though that they had seem the same issue on Kangoo ZE Vans. The solution for the van fleet owner had been to plug the van in and THEN power up the charger. Load of bollocks I reckon, never really tested out the theory.
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-03-2014, 12:02 PM Thread Starter

Well after 2 weeks in the garage (Renault Leicester) I'm getting the fluence back on Monday. According to the lady I spoke with they have replaced "The main Vehicle Motor". All seems a bit odd for a reported charging problem?

I'll have a look at the paperwork when it comes back before asking any more questions.....
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-05-2014, 02:59 PM
Super Moderator

Gosh - the nuclear option! Unless they wanted to avoid going down to component level.....
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-06-2014, 03:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azc007
Well after 2 weeks in the garage (Renault Leicester) I'm getting the fluence back on Monday. According to the lady I spoke with they have replaced "The main Vehicle Motor". All seems a bit odd for a reported charging problem?

I'll have a look at the paperwork when it comes back before asking any more questions.....
Hope mine packs in before end of warranty!!
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-06-2014, 03:12 PM

Funny. I had a 'motor failure' come up on the dash, and they changed the electronics. You had an electronics failure and they changed the motor.

hmmmm.....
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-07-2014, 06:04 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by donald
Funny. I had a 'motor failure' come up on the dash, and they changed the electronics. You had an electronics failure and they changed the motor.

hmmmm.....
Seems logical.........

Rather annoyingly the car was delivered back yesterday but no paperwork was included detailing the work carried out. Additionally the cruise control/speed limiter button appears to have been disconnected as pressing it in either direction yields exactly no result.

I also asked them to service the vehicle while they had it. I was initially quoted 200 for this but was later charged 158. "A gesture of good will for the amount of time it took to complete the repair". Am I right in thinking that this is 8 more that anyone else has paid up to this point?

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page