Mixer Box Replacement - Renault Z.E. Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 11-11-2014, 04:12 PM Thread Starter

Mixer Box Replacement

I have had a long standing problem with the mixer box on my Fluence. This is the unit that directs air to the floor, interior and screen. In April I booked it in the garage for inspection. They identified the problem and ordered the Mixer Unit. A couple of months later it arrived to be fitted, only to be found to be the wrong unit, so they did a temporary fix to the broken shaft (it did not last long). A new unit was ordered from Japan. This arrived October so last week, Wednesday I booked the car into the garage to have it fitted. The Fluence is still there, I was told they had a problem reprogramming the unit it would only go to 70% (software). I was told they required a control unit and thought a Migane would probably do. Today I was told they are in discussion with the technical team at Renault to solve the issue. Seems a long winded route to fit a mixer box. I still have a courtesy car and await a decision.

Will keep you all posted.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 11-11-2014, 07:37 PM

RE: Mixer Box Replacement

It sounds very poor, but this is the real problem with, especially, Fluence. 63 in the UK? The faults you get are simply beyond the experience of the guys doing the work. It'd make as much sense for you to do it yourself ... and that might not make any sense at all!

I wish you every luck that it will be remedied, but for me this is part of the heart ache of EVs at the moment. I value what they are, I love what they do, and it all seems to make so much sense. But at the moment the reliability is a big unknown and I need my cars to be there when I need them. I had a chance to experience this great tech when normally only well off early adopters would usually have them (and be prepared to tolerate a few early bugs). But I am no early adopter and so now I suspect I may have to wait until EVs become more 'mainstream' before I feel very confident about going ahead with my next EV.

all the best...

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page