Anyone had a battery rental renewal yet? - Renault Z.E. Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-03-2014, 07:04 PM Thread Starter

Anyone had a battery rental renewal yet?

Coming up to 3 years for the very first cars.

Anyone gone through a battery contract renewal yet?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-03-2014, 07:24 PM
Banned

RE: Anyone had a battery rental renewal yet?

Have you read my post in the Renault Lounge, where I reported on my phone call with RCI on Fluence battery lease costs? They're religiously sticking to the original costs (ie min 76 pm etc) rather than using the newer, cheaper Zoe costs.

You'd have thought it easier to have just one rate for the entire fleet applicable at contract renewal, but no, Renault want to confuse it and have different rates for different models, including now obsolete models.

Shame, I liked the idea of a Fluence for 25 pm upto 3,000 miles a year. It' aint gonna happen at 76 pm.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-04-2014, 02:32 AM Thread Starter

Yes, I am aware that they would apply that value to rentals on new purchases. I know as I have had a similar recent conversation myself.

But I don't see why that scenario is the same for someone who has actually been paying for the battery for the last 3 years already.

Renault had previously hinted an indication that a lower set of prices may kick in on renewal of a contract of an older battery.
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-04-2014, 06:04 AM
Super Moderator

Did they? All I understood was that the capital cost of the battery (value) would reduce - NOT any ongoing monthly rental.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-04-2014, 11:02 AM
Banned

And surely a lower set of prices would apply to new owners taking out a new contract? This isn't the case (at least at the moment).
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-04-2014, 11:23 AM
Super Moderator

Not as far as I can see - how would this we worked out or even substantiated? My pre-owned Fluence has an advised battery price of 77 incl VAT and that was the tariff. Why would this be any less? I have no knowledge of the previous lessor or how long they were paying. For a couple of quid, is it worth losing sleep over?

I recall the Zoe battery is also smaller (less weight to push around) so seeking parity with the only other production car is a long shot, however at my last service, the dealer could find no pricing for anything to do with Fluence, and selected the Zoe for the price calculation.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-04-2014, 12:42 PM Thread Starter

I don't see why you'd not get a discount if you had been in the contract a while, that others were excluded from if they came in new. It's called a 'loyalty bonus', though that terms seems to mean nothing these days!

As the Fluence is a big and total loss for Renault the only two ways for them to go are either to just give it away, or to maintain maximum income and give nothing away. There seems no advantage to them to encourage your purchase of your next Fluence (unfortunately).
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-05-2014, 02:42 PM

Just signed my renewal today. Signed it for only two years, RCI did the same price as if it was for a three year contrat.
Still doing a lot of persuasion to try to buy the battery... but I think its a lost battle.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page