Ending lease early - advice please - Renault Z.E. Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-10-2015, 06:45 AM Thread Starter

Ending lease early - advice please

I have had my Fluence for 17 happy months now. Best decision I ever made. However my pleasure of being a Fluence owner might be shortlived. My wife has got a new job and although we are waiting on the EXACT detail it looks like she will be using her car to get between appointments. That sadly means my 60 mile range Fluence will have to go as I cannot justify 77 per month to have it sitting on the driveway.

I know it is probably there in the smallprint but does anybody now approximate exit costs from the battery lease. I am 17 months into the 3 year lease.

P.S Great news about the battery buy option now (are they selling used Zoe with that option)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-10-2015, 06:45 PM
Super Moderator

RE: Ending lease early - advice please

There's a calculation formulae provided in the docs - however the cheapest is to take it to a ZE dealer and let them buy it from you. I know Arnold Clark were looking for one in October....
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-11-2015, 02:44 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzby
There's a calculation formulae provided in the docs - however the cheapest is to take it to a ZE dealer and let them buy it from you. I know Arnold Clark were looking for one in October....
What are you suggesting they buy the car AND buy you 'out' of the lease?
post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-11-2015, 02:01 PM
Super Moderator

That's what Renault ZE dealers do - my Twizy was swapped for a Fluence, and the battery lease transferred out from my responsibility - some 4 months later the new owner took it over.

Now, with no PEx clearly the dealership want to make money, but they do get 6 months FoC credit from RCI to sell it on, so they would be my first port of call. Shame if it leaves the area, as I liked the company of 3 in Glasgow!
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-14-2015, 11:23 AM
Eep

Let us know how you get on. I'm interested.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-28-2015, 08:16 AM

Hi,

Has anyone taken the option of cancelling finance and returning their car?

BTT
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-28-2015, 12:46 PM
Super Moderator

In most cases, it is only the battery that is leased - although some early adopters may have taken out two seperate contracts one for the car and the other for the battery. (I understand Zoe buyers do this).

The complication is the cancellation for the battery is not the same as the paying 50% of the vehicle cost and walking away with no liability. I have 24 months commitment left on the battery but I would certainly not return the car - its mine! As to what Renault/RCI plan to do with the battery... who knows? i expect to find out in 2 years and not before - whether they can be bothered to collect it from me and at my convenence, and ship it to France for refurbishment is anyone's guess - we can speculate, certainly but nobody knows for sure, and I bet Renault don't know either!
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-28-2015, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzby
In most cases, it is only the battery that is leased - although some early adopters may have taken out two seperate contracts one for the car and the other for the battery. (I understand Zoe buyers do this).

The complication is the cancellation for the battery is not the same as the paying 50% of the vehicle cost and walking away with no liability. I have 24 months commitment left on the battery but I would certainly not return the car - its mine! As to what Renault/RCI plan to do with the battery... who knows? i expect to find out in 2 years and not before - whether they can be bothered to collect it from me and at my convenence, and ship it to France for refurbishment is anyone's guess - we can speculate, certainly but nobody knows for sure, and I bet Renault don't know either!
Funny that you mentioned that you will not return the car, that makes at least two of us.....my battery lease is ending on december 2016 and it will be my final lease.I also don`t know what is renault planning but one thing is certain, I will also keep the car, with or without battery!
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-28-2015, 04:05 PM
Super Moderator

Darn right! If Renault attempt to enforce return of the battery, even if it means ridicule and damnation from the green lobby, **** mend them. As much as it will pain me, we are sitting on a goldmine of spares that simply increase in value as the available models/parts become scarce. Even with 3 years use, I will not have felt hard done to, as it lived up to its promise so far, and love the reliability and comfort I have enjoyed in the last year.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-05-2015, 12:04 PM
Super Moderator

As noted in another thread, there was a discussion of revised battery hire costs on the Fluence following a renewal. As I recall, the 77 3-year pricing was to be 35 per month but I believe the breakdown cover was removed. A call with RCI today revealed - at least from the person I spoke with.... NO reduction in the monthly cost and if extended, would continue at 77pm until the next renewal!

Now, he may well have been misinformed - but I now see Zoe's with low mileages for 7k and as this was the price I paid for the Fluence, a reasonable amount to pay for a parallel upgrade. Not an ideal option, but a newer car, Rapid charging, and the same 77pm for the battery.

Can anyone throw any light on RCI's dealings?

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page