Odometer +1 - Renault Z.E. Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-23-2015, 11:20 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Odometer +1

There is an anomaly I've been tracking and I'd be interested to see if others have the same issue. I thought it was related to charging at home, but it appears not to be.

Every day I climb into the car, I note the start mileage and usually reset the trip odometer. Just as I move off, the odometer increments by 1. Now, whilst I would expect to see this occasionally, I've noticed it happens almost every time (8 out of 10 starts on average).

I honestly doubt that each day I stop just 5 metres short of a mile boundary so it seems really strange this phenomenon happens so regularly.

How about you?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-24-2015, 07:27 AM

RE: Odometer +1

I have never seen this behaviour in mine. The only strange thing that has happened with my Odometer is the opposite, I reset and it does not register any miles. A further reset then registers my mileage. This happens very rarely, 1 in 50.

Is this one complete mile or 1/10 ie 0.1 as opposed to 1.0 you are seeing ?
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-27-2015, 04:12 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

My odometer only reads full miles - it is the trip that goes up in tenths. So each increment adds a full mile. A ploy to make RCI money from inflating the users mileage? I've just celebrated 1 year of Fluence ownership at 6500m - I wonder how many of them were genuine!
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-27-2015, 04:41 AM

My mistake, I was referring to the trip. I will now keep a close eye on the odometer, now I know what it is :-) and report back.

post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-06-2015, 09:46 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzby
Every day I climb into the car, I note the start mileage and usually reset the trip odometer. Just as I move off, the odometer increments by 1. Now, whilst I would expect to see this occasionally, I've noticed it happens almost every time (8 out of 10 starts on average).
I've noticed that happen with the range decreasing 1km just after starting the trip, I'll look at the odometer the next times.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page