New Motor Required - Page 3 - Renault Z.E. Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 37 (permalink) Old 05-30-2015, 07:11 AM
Banned

RE: New Motor Required

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexmol2
what I find strange is that usually controllers/motors are more prone to insulation loss in wet weather or weather favoring condensation. This happened when the weather was dry and warm.
Yes it's not the usual pattern of stuff getting wet and thus experiencing decreased insulation resistance. As far as I understood, it's an insulation failure due to material failure or mechanical protrusion, kind of design flaw thus.

What exactly was the error message in your case? How does it compare to my motor story https://renaultzeforum.com/forums/Thr...35034#pid35034 ? Really curious if it's a similar issue or not...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 37 (permalink) Old 06-01-2015, 03:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beaty68
What exactly was the error message in your case? How does it compare to my motor story https://renaultzeforum.com/forums/Thr...35034#pid35034 ? Really curious if it's a similar issue or not...
The error message was different from yours. It was in red, not in orange, and it was "Avaria motor electrico" wich translates to motor failure or malfunction. Alternating with that was a "perigo avaria electrica" wich translates to danger electric failure.

I'm still waiting for the replacement motor to arrive.
post #23 of 37 (permalink) Old 06-01-2015, 08:35 AM
Super Moderator

Can you still use it with the warning, or is it gathering dust in the dealership whilst you wait? I certainly would be very unhappy at paying a battery lease for a vehicle Renault were preventing me using due to spares availability!
post #24 of 37 (permalink) Old 06-01-2015, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexmol2
It was in red, not in orange, and it was "Avaria motor electrico" wich translates to motor failure or malfunction. Alternating with that was a "perigo avaria electrica" wich translates to danger electric failure.
This is what mine was telling me too, however I was told that it was the inverter that needed replacing.

These Continental motors seem overly sensitive to any closed resistance to ground. Very, and overly, sensitive.

post #25 of 37 (permalink) Old 06-03-2015, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzby
Can you still use it with the warning, or is it gathering dust in the dealership whilst you wait? I certainly would be very unhappy at paying a battery lease for a vehicle Renault were preventing me using due to spares availability!
No, its a RED warning, the car won't go into GO mode.

I think that maybe if it happened during travel it would let you continue (if you could stand the beeping sounds), but once you turn it off it won't pass the diagnostics check when you start the car.

It was gathering dust on the Renault ZE services shop for 1 week while waiting for the new motor that finally arrived today.
I asked for more detailed technical information about the malfunction and they said they will give me more details when the car is ready.

post #26 of 37 (permalink) Old 06-05-2015, 04:36 AM
Super Moderator

Good to know - keep us posted!
post #27 of 37 (permalink) Old 06-08-2015, 05:19 AM

The car is ready, I'm just waiting for it to arrive to my local Renault shop.

I spoke with the technician that changed the motor. The reason for the problem was the "infamous" isolation fault to the chassis, the same problem as report by some users.

post #28 of 37 (permalink) Old 06-08-2015, 06:11 AM
Super Moderator

That's a relief - but it still cannot be called a global fail as we don't all suffer from it (yet?)
post #29 of 37 (permalink) Old 06-09-2015, 12:06 PM

My Fluence has returned home

It may be just my impression but I note 2 changes:

1. The sound. The motor sound is slightly different and seems louder than the original motor.

2. Regenerative braking. When releasing the go-pedal the regeneration comes in more softly but then grows to a point that seems more agressive than the original motor.

Maybe point 2 was some kind of firmware update...

Also they exchanged the menekkes cable (blue) by a new one (black).
post #30 of 37 (permalink) Old 06-09-2015, 12:42 PM
Super Moderator

That's the second time I've heard of this on a motor swap - different supplier? Shame about the cable, I like the ice-blue lead as it marches the car.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page