New Motor Required - Page 4 - Renault Z.E. Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 37 (permalink) Old 08-02-2015, 02:49 PM

RE: New Motor Required

My Fluence required new motor (only rotor and gear at botton, nor inverter nor charger) at 12000km and 2 years. This motor is noisy than first, at low speed. I thought perhaps needs more km, but now is the same with 17000km.

When you put parking is diferent too, you cant move front and back. Feel like new one.

In france foro they solved the isolation problem cleaning the 4 orange contacts and reconecting. Perhaps the dealers want to replace because renault pay and the ticket is bigger.

Mine was ok, ran as alwais, regenerates .....only the message of problem goes and come randomly while drive.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 37 (permalink) Old 08-02-2015, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antonio B
My Fluence required new motor (only rotor and gear at botton, nor inverter nor charger) at 12000km and 2 years. This motor is noisy than first, at low speed. I thought perhaps needs more km, but now is the same with 17000km.

When you put parking is diferent too, you cant move front and back. Feel like new one.

In france foro they solved the isolation problem cleaning the 4 orange contacts and reconecting. Perhaps the dealers want to replace because renault pay and the ticket is bigger.

Mine was ok, ran as alwais, regenerates .....only the message of problem goes and come randomly while drive.
Same problem that happened to many. In most cases they change the whole motor.

Besides the higher noise did you notice the regeneration is softer at the beginning (when you take your foot off the pedal) but then gets more powerful ?
post #33 of 37 (permalink) Old 08-03-2015, 01:40 PM

I dont know.....perhaps yes....but two motors arrive to the same limit...35kw?

This limit is battery limit in recharge (specs) becouse i think motor could regenerate much more.
post #34 of 37 (permalink) Old 08-04-2015, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antonio B
I dont know.....perhaps yes....but two motors arrive to the same limit...35kw?

This limit is battery limit in recharge (specs) becouse i think motor could regenerate much more.
Yes, the limit is the same. But do you notice that at the same speed (not hitting the 35kW limit) you get more regen power than before?
post #35 of 37 (permalink) Old 11-18-2015, 02:54 AM

Not been around the forum for a while guys

Great news though my motor has died WITHIN warranty and been replaced!!

Fluence is now as quite as when I first got it. It had developed an annoying whirr over the last few months but the garage could not find anything wrong with it.

I got the big red 'motor failure' on the display and car ground to a halt. It was late at night so I got is recovered the next day.

In the garage for about 5 days all in.

That was a failure at 30,000 miles approx. on a March 2012 car
post #36 of 37 (permalink) Old 11-18-2015, 02:07 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by electricdream
Not been around the forum for a while guys

Great news though my motor has died WITHIN warranty and been replaced!!

Fluence is now as quite as when I first got it. It had developed an annoying whirr over the last few months but the garage could not find anything wrong with it.

I got the big red 'motor failure' on the display and car ground to a halt. It was late at night so I got is recovered the next day.

In the garage for about 5 days all in.

That was a failure at 30,000 miles approx. on a March 2012 car
Hi Electricdream - sounds all too familiar, yes. My question to everyone is this: how long will the new replaced motor be guaranteed for do we think? Given that it is likely to fail again, will the part itself be covered outwith the standard 5 year warrantee on the drive train? Might effect my decision to sell at the end of my 3 year battery lease... thanks for any thoughts, Chris
post #37 of 37 (permalink) Old 11-20-2015, 05:28 AM
Super Moderator

The replaced part takes on the drive train warranty, so like the battery, failure isn't an issue whilst under cover.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page