Fluence Recall - Renault Z.E. Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-13-2015, 09:45 AM Thread Starter

Fluence Recall

I went into the local Renault garage (Richard Sanders - Kettering) at the weekend to enquire about a replacement wiper blade as the off side one has split. While making the enquiry I was told that there had been a "Yellow Recall" issued by Renault in the last few weeks for the vehicle.

They have looked into it and it is to replace the 3 pin charging cable. They are ordering the new one in ( they don't know how or why it is different ) at which point I'm to swap it for the one that came with the vehicle.

Anyone else heard this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-13-2015, 09:55 AM

RE: Fluence Recall

Yes its the same here (DK) some have gotten a letter from renault but i havent dont know why
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-13-2015, 05:01 PM
Super Moderator

it's a Bue recall here in Scotland! The blue cable will be swapped for a black one that is slightly thicker. As i use tethered leads, i've not been bothered to get it done.
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-14-2015, 10:48 AM Thread Starter

About the wiper blades. Does anyone know if they are specific to the fluence it does it take Megan's blades? Richard Sanders don't know.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-15-2015, 06:05 AM
Super Moderator

They take standard blades - of the two different sizes required My new ones are Bosch, and are the standard bayonet fit.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-17-2015, 06:59 PM

Same here (PT), they are changing the blue cable. Seems its because of bad crimping of terminals.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-29-2015, 09:22 AM

I only just got my Fluence and it has the blue lead, i wonder if i take it to a dealer they will change it ?

Paul
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-29-2015, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauldb38
I only just got my Fluence and it has the blue lead, i wonder if i take it to a dealer they will change it ?

Paul
They will check your car details and VIN and look it up in the renault network.
If it checks they will order the new cable and you can pick it up when it arrives at the dealer.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-29-2015, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauldb38

Paul
Are you talking about the 3-pin plug cable or the one that goes into a wall-charger?

As far as I'm aware, the one that is being swapped is the one that goes into the wall-charger - the new one is black, and that's the one I've got having been through the recall. My 13A 3-pin is still the original blue one.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-17-2015, 05:25 AM
Super Moderator

Just been for my annual service and purposely left my blue charging cable at home. As it turned out, the dealer forgot to check and there was no cable to 'swap'. They phoned to say it was in 3 days later, and for the first time said I had to bring in my old cable to swap it with. I said Renauld class cables as a consumable, and as they were most likely to throw it out, I'd likje to hang on to it as a spare.

Lots of humming and hawing, saying that as the swap as under warranty they need the old part to prove they'd done the job. No cable, no replacement. Fine, I said - lets ask Renault UK CS. Having explained it all to them, they said it was 'normal' to do as the dealer asked, but if it was 'lost' or otherwise unavailable, they'd happily swap it anyway.

So I've got both!

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page