ZE Services - Renault Z.E. Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 45 (permalink) Old 04-23-2015, 03:51 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

ZE Services

My ZE services app now reports 'Your EV contract may have expired'. Anyone else?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 45 (permalink) Old 04-24-2015, 03:30 PM

RE: ZE Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzby
My ZE services app now reports 'Your EV contract may have expired'. Anyone else?
My services have also expired. For us in Portugal, we had three free years of services, since new. I guess they have to be renewed and.....paid.
I gave up on it...
post #3 of 45 (permalink) Old 04-24-2015, 03:55 PM
Eep

New orange notice on my dash this evening is 'Service Due'. Never did understand what Z.E. Services was or did, so couldn't say whether I've been affected (or even had them in the first place, to be honest).
post #4 of 45 (permalink) Old 04-24-2015, 04:58 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Service Due flag is generated by the odometer and/or calendar - it is nothing to do with ZE services. Finaly spoke to Renault, it appears thr 'R-Link' services needs resetting but no talk of payment as long as the lease is current.

Will update the thread with more info when it arrives!
post #5 of 45 (permalink) Old 04-26-2015, 05:12 AM

My Fluence has ZE services that allow the use of the App and website for checking charging and also LIVE services for TomTom for weather and traffic.

I think ZE services will continue to work as long as the lease but TomTom LIVE services will expire after 3 years and need to be paid to continue.
post #6 of 45 (permalink) Old 04-26-2015, 01:47 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

The TomTom service costs 58pa and I paid this to keep the mapping updated. It may be a coincidence that my expiry of TomTom mapping updates has coincided with my Activation code becoming invalid, however Zoe's use R-Link, which the Fluence does not, so the reason why the service stopped without any warning, by text, letter or even onscreen message remains an apalling oversight.
post #7 of 45 (permalink) Old 04-29-2015, 04:27 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Furthering my knowledge a Renault tech bod phoned (on a VERY bad VOIP line) that 'connected services' is an additional chargeable service - that is, on top of the Battery lease, Tom Tom subscription et al. Asking why the system did not warn of any expiry of the service, he said he did not know, but an email was sent to the first owner, Renault UK's leasing company!

Advising I had failed to see any documentation where this (presumably chargeable) service was explained or mentioned - they're looking into it further. Having now looked at the original Fluence brochure, the benefits of the model 'Connected Services' are shown as a standard feature of the vehicle but not that the service is limited, chargeable or requiring registration (seperate to the battery commitment).
post #8 of 45 (permalink) Old 05-03-2015, 09:31 AM
Eep

Incidentally Renault have been short-sighted and inept in just arranging a service.

I completed the service booking form online (for the v. simple reason that it gave me space to describe in writing what was required, and in so doing create a few rounds of ammunition for when I came to pay and discover they wanted to charge double the amount I was expecting for none of the things I wanted) and arranged free collection and delivery. I then had contact from Renault themselves explaining that because I lived outside a 10-mile radius of the dealership, pickup wasn't available. I directed them to the web site and form, which clearly stated it was a 15-mile radius, and they went away only to come back 20 minutes later and tell me the same thing. For what it's worth, Google says I'm 11.5 miles away.

I've said it before, and I'll try and refrain from saying it again and again, but their market share is a reflection of their stupid behaviour, not of their products.
post #9 of 45 (permalink) Old 05-09-2015, 04:36 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Had an interesting call from Renault. They told me to go to my local dealer and sign a 'new contract' for connected services. This would be charged at 25pa for 12 months, 50 for 24 months, and 75 for 36 months (the maximum). Apart from there being no financial investment to extend your commitment with a scaled discount, when I check the sales brochure, I see they talk about what connected services do - NOT that they were in any way chargeable.

I explained this was not satisfactory, as under the full disclosure rules, both the selling dealership and Renault had a duty to advise of all encumbrances at the time of sale, not hope to impose them when they simply stopped, and leave the owner with disabled features of the vehicle.

They're now looking into this at a senior level, and I'll advise the outcome in due course however assuming YOUR Fluence is using the variously called Connected Services / R-Link / Live Services have you been told the cost?

post #10 of 45 (permalink) Old 05-09-2015, 05:44 AM
Eep

I don't pay ongoing fees other than the pack rental, and I haven't done a single thing to the car in terms of upgrades or fixes or service activations. This is primarily because it was never explained what the services were, but also because a) the car works just fine as it is and I see no reason to upset anything, and b) Renault STILL have the car registered to its prior owner. My suspicion is that attempting to do anything other than drive it will result in another train wreck. In simply booking in the service that's due, there was a reasonable level of confusion arising from the fact I wasn't who their system claimed I should I be: this, you may recall, despite having had it all out with both RCI and Renault head office when they had the temerity (to be fair, they were just gold standard disorganised) to leave a smudge on my credit file having cocked up taking payment for the battery.

While most EV owners today are genuinely interested in the hardware and keen to update the software and keep various connected services working, I suspect that, long term, most will be like me and not give a bleep. Having said this, I am a programmer by trade and spend most of my life around computers and the notion of having to mess about with the car the way I mess about at work fills me with absolute dread. I really do not want those same work complications at home.

Remember also that my Expression+ doesn't have a lot of the gubbins that the Dynamique has as standard and even if it did I wouldn't use them anyway. The TomTom navigation is the same as in my wife's Mazda5 and it's slow and garbage and behind the curve compared with anything you can get on a smartphone. One of many reasons the tech in cars will gradually fade away to be replaced by a single mobile device interface!

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page