Apple Music & Fluence ZE - Renault Z.E. Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 07-18-2015, 04:38 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Apple Music & Fluence ZE

The single CD slot on my Fluence always annoyed me (as earlier viehicles used multiplay or jukebox systems). Not any more!

My iPhone always worked well with the Carimnat system (Bluetooth) and hands-free calls worked superbly well when required (well, after I remembered how to answer inbound calls!). The arrival of Apple Music has added another interesting dimension. This provides streamed audio from Apple's servers for a gigantic jukebox, but I've just discovered this works superbly well also - not only that, the track being played has its title shown on the bottom line of the mapping display.

Yes, it IS supposed to do this, but on my system, if title information IS shown (from other sources) only the title relevant at switch-on was shown, and would stay there resolutley until I turned the ignition off. With Apple Music, however, the track titles DO change, with a slight time lag of 10 seconds or so.

Being able to select any music on a whim, and have it streamedd directly to the car audio system is my biggest thrill this year (yes, I must get out more) but a testament to the Fluence being ahead of its time!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page