100 mile range! - Page 6 - Renault Z.E. Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #51 of 54 (permalink) Old 09-11-2015, 01:07 PM

RE: 100 mile range!

Hi there
So far 7 days without charging at home - so free electricity for me too, it is great!
Normally I have to pay 20 euro a week for unleaded- so saved myself that money this week.
I noticed for the first time a leaf in town - charging - a new 2015 car (year 151) - so the local garage must have sold their shop model, or someone gone for a drive and ended up here.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #52 of 54 (permalink) Old 09-12-2015, 02:28 PM
Super Moderator

Leaf's are common as muck over hear.... now a Fluence on the other hand....!
post #53 of 54 (permalink) Old 11-18-2015, 01:56 AM

Leafs are ugly as sin .... Now a Fluence on the other hand ...!

The rule appears to be drive at 30 to 40 mph for best range. Bashing down the motorway guzzles fuel whether its diesel, petrol or electrons.

I just wonder whether the reason our batteries are slow charged is to preserve their life. And to save cash on a rapid charger. Either way, it suits us fine, and we plug in every night.

If you think about it, 100 miles every day is possible. So 36500 miles per year. Almost nobody needs that.
post #54 of 54 (permalink) Old 11-18-2015, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelPowell
Leafs are ugly as sin .... Now a Fluence on the other hand ...!

The rule appears to be drive at 30 to 40 mph for best range. Bashing down the motorway guzzles fuel whether its diesel, petrol or electrons.

I just wonder whether the reason our batteries are slow charged is to preserve their life. And to save cash on a rapid charger. Either way, it suits us fine, and we plug in every night.

If you think about it, 100 miles every day is possible. So 36500 miles per year. Almost nobody needs that.
I think most weeks i only need to charge once a week although with winter upon us i think i may plug in every night just so i can have nice clear windows in a morning, As a local car its perfect, the cells in the fluence are the same as used in a leaf just a different configuration many Diy Ev users have bought fluence battery's for their project and are indeed charging them on rapids. The rebadged Fluence the Samsung SM3 has rapid charge in them taken from the Zoe. Great experience driving Electric and the Fluence is so nice to drive.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page