100 mile range! - Renault Z.E. Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 54 (permalink) Old 07-20-2015, 10:36 AM Thread Starter

100 mile range!

Yesterday, I went out and without trying too hard (my journey was broken for a rest in the middle) I got distance covered of about 89 and remaining range of about 9. After a full charge and without resetting the display, my Range reading was a nice round 100, which genuinely reflects the real world driving the day before. I generally find the Fluence's range display is pessimistic-to-accurate, rather than being a BS-ometer. Not bad for a three-year old battery pack, I suppose.

I've bumped up against 100m before but I've never really gone for a full-out pure range maximisation exercise. Later today, perhaps - haven't got much on!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 54 (permalink) Old 07-20-2015, 02:06 PM
Super Moderator

RE: 100 mile range!

Yep, I'm in the high 90's myself (high 80's last year). Again, original battery pack, so the slightly higher ambient temp must be to blame!
post #3 of 54 (permalink) Old 07-20-2015, 06:13 PM Thread Starter

I've just got back from another run out - about 97 this time.
post #4 of 54 (permalink) Old 07-21-2015, 09:11 AM
Super Moderator

Show off! <g>
post #5 of 54 (permalink) Old 07-22-2015, 05:40 AM Thread Starter

Another day out yesterday - only 87 this time!
post #6 of 54 (permalink) Old 07-22-2015, 05:38 PM

yeahh .it posible 100 miles range...

post #7 of 54 (permalink) Old 07-22-2015, 06:55 PM Thread Starter

I'm impressed! This is mine captured from a few days ago.

post #8 of 54 (permalink) Old 07-27-2015, 11:38 AM

Hi my names paul and just bought a 2013 FLUENCE DYNAMIQUE as we speak only had it a day an already in love with it. The only concern i have is once a month we drive roughly 100 miles to the mother in laws, i didn't cotton on to the fact there's no rapid charge ? So my question is this as i have never driven a all electric car before how do you achieve such good milage? Can you give me tips please? How long will i need to sit at a charge point to do the 100 mile trip ? When i first looked into getting it i though a 30 min charge would give me a 80% charge sadly i got this wrong by all accounts.

Having said that the car to me is the best looking and stylish, the drive is lovely, the only thing is can i make the trip in goodish time?

I wonder if we will be able to buy a upgrade as i see somewhere where they continue to manufacture they upgraded the charge unit ?

At home i have a charge point and probably only do 130 miles a week so not really a problem, also have solar panels so would make it cheaper etc. Just waiting on getting set up for the account so i can install the app and also have a list of charge points on my journey. So far a nice renault experience.

paul
post #9 of 54 (permalink) Old 07-27-2015, 11:52 AM Thread Starter

I only use public charging points rarely, but I've had quite good experience it's the Polar instant app - you can download it to your phone/tablet straight away without having to wait for a card through the post. You have to put 20 credit on it but a lot of the locations are actually free, so I haven't actually used any of my credit up yet.

I wouldn't rely on being able to do 100 miles without some sort of Plan B but you might be OK if you could find somewhere for a 1.5 to 2 hour top up while you're having a coffee or something to eat to give you an extra 10-20 miles (all values very approximate indeed!).

Public charging points are a real minefield because of the different standards - for example hardly any of the Ecotricity points can be used by a Fluence as they have decided to concentrate on rapid charging.
post #10 of 54 (permalink) Old 07-27-2015, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricDave
I only use public charging points rarely, but I've had quite good experience it's the Polar instant app - you can download it to your phone/tablet straight away without having to wait for a card through the post. You have to put 20 credit on it but a lot of the locations are actually free, so I haven't actually used any of my credit up yet.

I wouldn't rely on being able to do 100 miles without some sort of Plan B but you might be OK if you could find somewhere for a 1.5 to 2 hour top up while you're having a coffee or something to eat to give you an extra 10-20 miles (all values very approximate indeed!).

Public charging points are a real minefield because of the different standards - for example hardly any of the Ecotricity points can be used by a Fluence as they have decided to concentrate on rapid charging.
So do i take it the rapid charge units can't charge at a lower rate or is it the connector ? What sort of things do you do to get the range ? like on a motorway what speed you doing etc ? I think once i got my account activate and my card for the charge stations i will do a dummy run see how it affects us, thing is i have the wife and 2 kids and normally its a 90 minute journey at normal speed, so i want to do this without to much delay lol. The only sweetener is it normally costs around 40 in petrol round trip in my zaffy, we thought e might be able to get rid of the zaffy in favour of the electric car lol .

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page