Charging in the rain ? ev charging bay ? - Renault Z.E. Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-18-2015, 01:40 PM Thread Starter

Charging in the rain ? ev charging bay ?

Using the 3 pin wall plug charger at a pod point station in the rain do you cover the box up or is it water proof ? I put a plastic bag over mine but on my return it was gone which is strange cause i made a small hole in the bag to put the plug through so there no reason why it would be off.

Or is it revenge from a leaf driver i had words with? Couple of days ago whilst in waitrose a leaf driver drove up parked his car in a charging bay without connecting up, as someone was waiting to get in as its only a 2 port bay, i said to the guy your not leaving your leaf unplugged are you. He said i have as much right to park here even if i'm not charging and walked into store. I didn't think this was right or fair but wondered if this was a rule so i asked the manager who took his reg called him over the store pa, said to him if your not charging move your car as someone is waiting to get in, he wasn't happy and rather red faced lol.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-18-2015, 06:44 PM
Super Moderator

RE: Charging in the rain ? ev charging bay ?

Good for you! Clearly it is common sense, but it is so hard to enforce. As for the chargimg issue - it is a sealed unit, but I certainly wouldn't leave it floating in a puddle. As this is a very slow way of charging, why not use the T2 socket on the post instead?
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-19-2015, 05:18 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzby
Good for you! Clearly it is common sense, but it is so hard to enforce. As for the chargimg issue - it is a sealed unit, but I certainly wouldn't leave it floating in a puddle. As this is a very slow way of charging, why not use the T2 socket on the post instead?
It appears to be the only charger in town saying that i not checked recently, the waitrose one nearly always see to have a free terminal appart from the other day lol
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-19-2015, 06:02 AM

In my limited experience of using public charging points, supermarkets seem to be one of the better options, because even if someone parks inconsiderately in a charging space, the turnover of customers (compared, for example with a station car park) means that one should become free fairly quickly.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page