Fluence in Essex - Page 2 - Renault Z.E. Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-12-2013, 04:35 AM
Banned

RE: Fluence in Essex

Rob, you've gone quiet on the forum. Is this a good sign or are you wondering what you've got yourself into now the colder weather is upon us? How are you getting on?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-12-2013, 06:53 PM Thread Starter
rob

Still here Paul, been pretty busy but following most of the threads on the forum. Just topped 1000 miles in the Fluence in just under a month so the 12k annual contract looks about right. The car also clocked 10k miles today.

No major problems to report. Looked under he bonnet at the weekend for the first time. Looks surprisingly like a conventional engine, which shouldn't be a surprise given how the car in many ways is very conventional looking. Biggest issue is that the range has dropped off alarmingly as the weather has got colder. From a peak of 92 miles it dropped steadily to just 53 miles last week. Back up to 66 miles this morning as I've reverted to a steadier driving style. I was stuck in a traffic jam this morning so daily commute took 90 mins rather than the usual 40 but noticed that I hadn't used any more charge. This was reassuring and good to see the meter reading 0kw whilst stationary.

Two gripes, firstlly, the heater not only eats charge but it isn't very effective either. I can't seem to get warm air to blow out of the dash vents. Even set at 25degc only Luke warm. Secondly, I'm struggling to make sense of the car phone and radio controls. The buttons don't feel very intuitive. Sure I'll get used to them over time. The auto pre heating is working pretty well each morning but not available in the evening as I've no charging facility at work yet but hopefully that will change soon.

Still not received an Activation Code for the ZE Services app. Renault have contacted me a couple of times to update but all very frustrating and now been chasing for over a month. I agree with our view that Renault simply haven't thought about his issue.

Had a setback when British Gas surveyed my house to install a home charge unit. My house failed on virtually all fronts, thevtethered cable was too short, earth loop impedance test failed, 220 ohms (200 ohms max allowed) - no proper earth connection! SWA cable length needed was 30m when only 10m is included plus an external post and trench to bury the cable is needed and two men to run the cable. Finally the gas pipe wasn't bonded correctly. Awaiting a BG quote for the work but i think it'll be much cheaper to arrange to get the building work and external cable run installed myself and then get BG back just to fit the fharger and make thebterminations for free. fitting the gas pipe earth bonding cost me 1.50 and 10mins compared to the 180 charge the BG engineer quoted! Installing a new earth rod not too difficult to arrange. Glad I'd got the 3 pin cable that's proving to be very easy to use coupled with the Belkin Wemo timer unit.

Planning to make the first foray into central London next weekend having now received my Chargemaster RFID card and tested successfully at the local Tiptree Asda store charge unit. I suspect I might have been the first car to use it given the level of comment and interest from passers by who hadn't realised what the strange looking black pole was meant for!

Overall very happy with the car and the experience. Looking forward to another un eventful 35k miles!
post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-13-2013, 03:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob

Had a setback when British Gas surveyed my house to install a home charge unit. My house failed on virtually all fronts, thevtethered cable was too short, earth loop impedance test failed, 220 ohms (200 ohms max allowed) - no proper earth connection! SWA cable length needed was 30m when only 10m is included plus an external post and trench to bury the cable is needed and two men to run the cable. Finally the gas pipe wasn't bonded correctly. Awaiting a BG quote for the work but i think it'll be much cheaper to arrange to get the building work and external cable run installed myself and then get BG back just to fit the fharger and make thebterminations for free. fitting the gas pipe earth bonding cost me 1.50 and 10mins compared to the 180 charge the BG engineer quoted! Installing a new earth rod not too difficult to arrange. Glad I'd got the 3 pin cable that's proving to be very easy to use coupled with the Belkin Wemo timer unit.

Theme going on with British Gas here, trying to bung on the extras. I had ordered my unit direct via Chargemaster. The small print did mention installation was subject to survey and any upgrades to the house wiring would be at extra cost. I feared the worst as my wiring is 50 years old and I still have a fusebox with re-wirable fuses. I feared I was going to get hit with some extras although I did borrow an earth loop impedence tester from my work and the reading was fine.

Installer (local contractor subbed out by chargemaster) phoned me on the Friday and asked if he was OK to do the install on the following Tuesday. I did ask if he had to do a survey first as I didn't want to take the day off work. His reply was the unit was going in and not to worry. I did get the distinct impression that this was government money he was guaranteed to get paid so it was going in. Installed in 2 hours, no hassle.
post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-13-2013, 02:46 PM

ED - I think you're struggling with the automatic 'quote' system. Hit 'ctrl A' before you start typing. All the old text will disappear then.
post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-14-2013, 03:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by donald
ED - I think you're struggling with the automatic 'quote' system. Hit 'ctrl A' before you start typing. All the old text will disappear then.
I was trying to to a partial re-quote of Rob's post. Keep making a right arse of it. Any advice would be appreciated

post #16 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-14-2013, 05:10 AM
Banned

Typical British Gas behaviour! I suffered too at their hands - and in the pocket. If I knew then what I know now and was in the market for an EV I would forget about BG, get the 10A cable and happily use it. After all, it's only carrying the same current as a 2-bar electric fire and you wouldn't hesitate to use that, would you? I know it's a bit slower but on an overnight charge, which is what most of us will do, that's no problem. Or sack BG and get a decent installer!
post #17 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-21-2013, 04:17 PM Thread Starter
rob

SUCCESS, ZE Services account finally set up today - only took 6 weeks! Have to say I'm not that impressed with it so far as it keeps failing to update the charging status but putting that down to initial gremlins.

Finally got it sorted through Renault Customer Services as Renault Manchester were not able to resolve. The chap I dealt with said that the renault dealers should be able to get the contract sorted and this should be first point of call but if your getting nowhere suggest you speak to Rob Payne in Renault Customer Services as he was able to sort out the 3 year ZE Services contract for me (there's no cost) contact no 0844 335 0000.

Not planning to use my Fluence much now till the new year as I've got my lease car until January.
post #18 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-21-2013, 06:10 PM

Thanks for that contact name and phone number, Rob, I'll give this a go tomorrow. Wasn't too sure how to go about it but thanks to your success story I shall now give it a go! Shame about the lease car - surely your Fluence is nicer! Chris
post #19 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-24-2019, 08:31 PM

Dude, which transportation conpany have yiu used. I think the price 8k is too much for this transportation. Are all taxes and the insurence included in this price? I am asking because I used cross country shipping company`s servises few months ago and price were much lower with insurance and all taxes.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page