Just picked up a 2012 Renault Fluence Z.E today - Renault Z.E. Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-29-2015, 02:38 PM Thread Starter

Just picked up a 2012 Renault Fluence Z.E today

Hello everyone I just picked up a 2012 Renault Fluence Z.E. for 3695GBP. I already love the car. I am a little ignorant on the charging times for 3kw, 7kw, and 22kw charging points. Is it able to use the Ecotricity AC Medium 22kw charging points at the service stations? Also just a small plug...I am the creator/founder of "EVs in the Hedges" Facebook page and Youtube Channel. They are for Electric vehicle and green technologies interest/club purposes. On my Youtube channel I am Video Blogging/Documenting "Life with a 2012 Renault Fluence Z.E."...I am planning many EV Roadtrips...2 upcoming...1 to South West Energy Centre's 1st Annual EV/Hybrid Motor Show in Paignton...possible stops on the way include Ecotricity Headquarters and a fellow EV Video Blogger Ian Sampson (Nissan Leaf)...Also planning a trip to The Green Britain Centre...Cheers!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-29-2015, 04:55 PM

RE: Just picked up a 2012 Renault Fluence Z.E today

I think you should have done more homework, perhaps. Road trips in a Fluence is not going to be easy. Really, it is not feasible. You will spend 5 times longer waiting for charging than actually doing any driving.

Great price though. I guess maybe you offered a grand off the one up for 4695 and they shook your hand off?
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-29-2015, 05:03 PM Thread Starter

Heh yea...ouch that is a long time...I swore I read a couple places where the charge was 4 hours on certain chargers...is it possible to get an upgraded charger?
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-29-2015, 05:54 PM

Nope. Not that anyone here is aware of. It is a car designed for battery swapping - this would have been its 'rapid charge', a 'full charge' in 90 seconds.

Apparently, AFAIK, the Samsung SM3, which is a Fluence built under licence in Korea, is fitted with the 43kW Chameleon charger.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-29-2015, 09:00 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by donald
Nope. Not that anyone here is aware of. It is a car designed for battery swapping - this would have been its 'rapid charge', a 'full charge' in 90 seconds.

Apparently, AFAIK, the Samsung SM3, which is a Fluence built under licence in Korea, is fitted with the 43kW Chameleon charger.
Dang, would be cool to get ahold of a chameleon charger and have it installed...at least a 6.6kw one like nissan leaf has...oh well still a great car...just charging con...thanks for the info!

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page