Autotrader Pricing - Renault Z.E. Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-30-2015, 08:12 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Autotrader Pricing

It's been a while since I loaded the Autotrader App and checked on pricing - now that I have, I've been really impressed at the price high-mileage Fluences are achieving, compared to (my) original purchase price.

Comparing this to the Zoe, of which there appears to be a glut of them - the loss from retail RRP is truly breathtaking, indeed I'm expected to pay the same for an old Zoe as I did for the (almost new) Fluence, for a lesser car with slightly more modern facilities. A shame for owners as their loss will be hard to take - presumably as they slid back to an ICE?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-30-2015, 07:11 PM

RE: Autotrader Pricing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzby
It's been a whiles since I loaded the Autotrader App and checked on pricing - now that I have, I've been really impressed at the price high-mileage Fluences are achieving, compared to (my) original purchase price.

Comparing this to the Zoe, of which there appears to be a glut of them - the losrr from retail RRP is truly breathtaking, indeed I'm expected to pay the same for a Zoe as I did for the Fluence, for a lesser car with slightly more motern facilities. A shame for owners as their loss will be hard to take - presumably as they shidt back to an ICE?
I agree. The Fluences seem to have bottomed out not much below the level I paid for mine about 21 months ago, which was much less than a Zoe at the time and more or less in the same ball park as a new Twizy.

I suspect that the only realistic trade ins will come from Renault dealers, though, so I might yet end up in a Zoe in the future...

post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-01-2015, 07:10 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

RE: Autotrader Pricing

I wondered about this... would I be tempted to take a Zoe if the price was right? Taking the vehicle cost out of the equation, the battery lease breakpoints appear almost identical, so the running costs will be the same, but for less luxury in a runabout tiddler of an EV. Yes, I know I went from a Twizy to a Fluence but I may find it difficult (if not impossible) to go down in size... and the Tesla - even if I could afford it - doesn't do it for me. Neither does the Leaf (they're SO common!).

Not only am I happy with my existing purchase, I'm content it was one of the best decisions I had made, and the back up I have had from Renault, whilst frustrating at times, has been fair and equitable. Hopefully they'll be around for the next 5 years or so at least, as another 3yr battery contract would seem sensible and provide a natural end to the commitment.

But I'd be sad to see it go.....

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page